The Student Room Group

Mech Eng and EEE which one has more calculations??

I don't like to write a lot, I get bored easily with writing. I would like to study engineering course with more calculations, and I would like either Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering,undergraduate.
Reply 1
Original post by maturestudent14
I don't like to write a lot, I get bored easily with writing. I would like to study engineering course with more calculations, and I would like either Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering,undergraduate.

Go and study a maths degree if you want lots of numerical calculations.
Original post by a10
Go and study a maths degree if you want lots of numerical calculations.

I'm looking job prospect as well. Where I plan to work after graduating, there's small chance of get a job with the maths degree.
Mechanical has far more calculations though engineering is about applying rather than calculating.
Depends on the type of calculations. In terms of integration, and differential equations, I'm sure Mech Eng has more. In terms of juggling around lots of equations at the same time, electronics takes that crown. If you like matrices and working with non-dimensional numbers, then Aero is the place to be.
I'd be very surprised if either mech or EEE had more calculations than the other, to be honest.
Original post by Alfissti
Mechanical has far more calculations though engineering is about applying rather than calculating.

Far more calculations? I doubt that highly, EE has a lot of areas that rely heavily on mathematics.

The Maths content should in both fields will roughly be similar.

Quick Reply

Latest