The Student Room Group

I dont have my GCSE predicted Grades to apply for 6th form?

Im trying to apply for a sixth form college but my school has not given anyone predicted grades, we have a target grade which is a grade we are expected to reach for every subject at the start of year 10 (mine is a*) but we dont have individual grades and thats what the college application form is asking for and i know i wont get a* in everything, so what should i do?
i think you will just need to go to them whenever you can and get them yourself, everyone else in your school will probably have to do that as well (unless I'm wrong)
you don't need them, most colleges don't ask for them until results day then its confirmed if you have the suitible grades
Original post by balegtet
Im trying to apply for a sixth form college but my school has not given anyone predicted grades, we have a target grade which is a grade we are expected to reach for every subject at the start of year 10 (mine is a*) but we dont have individual grades and thats what the college application form is asking for and i know i wont get a* in everything, so what should i do?

Make them up (to a believable extend though, obviously).

That's what I did for all my sixth form and college applications since my secondary didn't give our predicted grades until March, way after the November deadline for most of the places I applied to. Asked my head of year, she said just ask my teachers or write what I think I'd get. Then come reference time inform them of what you wrote so they can confirm it - some sixth forms don't even bother confirming with the secondary.

If you're persistent to doing that however then maybe ask your head of year.

Quick Reply

Latest