:wink::wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Japanese1
Hi
At as i got
b in computing
c in chemistry(i've dropped) and
A in a level maths(i gonna resit and i can get A*easily)
this year i gonna study further maths. i am predicted A*(maths)A(furthermaths)B(computing). i want to study computer science at uni
is it worth trying to apply A*AA unis like imperial manchester or do you think it is a waste of application. i am not familiar with british universities so can i have some advice.
sorry for my poor english

i have friends getting rejected from imperial and they have 4a's, dont waste your 5 choices, be realistic
Reply 2
Original post by lilyobz
i have friends getting rejected from imperial and they have 4a's, dont waste your 5 choices, be realistic

Thx for your very quick reply you mean I can't even get a conditional offer?
I don't know about British universities
Can I have names of some sensible universities that I can apply with my grades
I keep searching but I'm not sure which unis are good for computer science
Reply 3
Original post by Japanese1
Thx for your very quick reply you mean I can't even get a conditional offer?
I don't know about British universities
Can I have names of some sensible universities that I can apply with my grades
I keep searching but I'm not sure which unis are good for computer science

here the league table for computer science http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=computer%20science.

i recommend exeter with those grades, highly ranked and the admissions team know that AS grades arent everything
Reply 4
I agree that imperial is probably not worth applying for. Most successful applicants have predicted grades well above their typical offer, it's a highly competitive place. King's college maybe? Bath(really liked the look if this course myself)?
Bath's offer is A*AB/AAA, there are a few AAA unis that could definitely take you and plenty of great looking AAB unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending