The Student Room Group

AS AACC, application to Edinburgh & Bristol CS with upcoming resitting scores of Jan

Dear all,

I have got AS math c, physics A, computer A, I am taking resiting Maths, will those uni accept my application with my result middle of Jan next year?

Or is it a good idea to apply? also to Warwick?

I am considering Lancaster or Exeter as my insurance.

Waiting for reply before my application.

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't bristol stipulate an A* in maths? I wouldn't count on getting an offer from them. Also, be aware that computer science especially at top unis is quite mathematical, was there any particular reason you only got a C? Your physics and computing grades show you could be capable of more, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to get an offer. Warwick is AAA so again, unlikely. As long as you have one choice that is on par with your AS (so you don't get 5 rejections) there's no harm in being ambitious, just don't be disheartened if you do get a lot of rejections. Birmingham is one to consider as they accept maths OR computing as part of their offer so they may be more lenient because of your maths grade.
Reply 2
Thanks for let me cool down.

Since I am resitting my maths exams these several days, and resitted results should be available in the middle of Januay. I am pretty sure at that time I will got resitted "A". That is the reason why I am a little bit ambitious of applying top Unis.

I was praying they might be able to consider my application at the end of January even I will apply within next two weeks.

My question was :Will they wait for me until that time or just reject me, even I put that resitting into my UCAS application by "pending"

if not, I will find my other solution.

Thanks
Original post by phandsome
Thanks for let me cool down.

Since I am resitting my maths exams these several days, and resitted results should be available in the middle of Januay. I am pretty sure at that time I will got resitted "A". That is the reason why I am a little bit ambitious of applying top Unis.

I was praying they might be able to consider my application at the end of January even I will apply within next two weeks.

My question was :Will they wait for me until that time or just reject me, even I put that resitting into my UCAS application by "pending"

if not, I will find my other solution.

Thanks

You cannot resit in January anymore; Gove abolished January resits.
Reply 4
my results of resit will come out at Jan. 20th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending