The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience 2015

Hi, I did this work experience scheme last year so if you have any questions post a reply. Anyone on TSR applying this year? Any of you received confirmation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I received confirmation! Any ideas on good places to stay during the week?
Original post by Langyboi10
I received confirmation! Any ideas on good places to stay during the week?

I think there are places like travel lodge around, I stayed near the river in christ church which was nice, transport links are great. You can ask jpm about the shuttle bus service

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Did you both attach a covering letter as well as your CV in the application form?

Also any tips on answering the questions in the application?

Thanks
Original post by EHZ17
I think there are places like travel lodge around, I stayed near the river in christ church which was nice, transport links are great. You can ask jpm about the shuttle bus service

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Did you stay by yourself because I cant seem to find a hotel other that Premier Inn that allows under 18s to stay without a parent?
Original post by lyfe54
Did you both attach a covering letter as well as your CV in the application form?

Thanks

Yep all you need is a short cover letter and a CV. There are no questions in the application form other that what school you are in, when you are available and your personal details etc.
Reply 6
Hi, I got a place too.
However not sure wether we can wear shirt and tie or is it full suits?
Original post by joematty
Hi, I got a place too.
However not sure wether we can wear shirt and tie or is it full suits?

I would wear a full suit the first day but if you can't it really doesn't matter. There was one girl at mine who wore casual attire (don't do that) and as far as I know she didn't get old off! If you wear a shirt and tie it will be fine, seriously no problem.
Original post by lyfe54

Thanks

Just be honest and make sure it is grammatically correct. I really can't remember mine too well. I know that I asked to go into investment banking and they sent me an email back saying that it was only a back operations work placement and do i want to continue. I obviously apologised and sent them a reply saying how I want to do operations. I don't think it is that hard to get in so I wouldn't worry! Just make sure everything is handed in on time as when I submitted it, it was fully booked within 1 week.
Original post by Langyboi10
Thanks! Did you stay by yourself because I cant seem to find a hotel other that Premier Inn that allows under 18s to stay without a parent?

I actually stayed in rented accommodation with my grandparents :P Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :s-smilie:
I got a place for the 20th-24th of July. Has anyone done this before as I was wondering what the presentation at the end was like as I am not the best at that sort of thing.
Original post by Georgeafcb
I got a place for the 20th-24th of July. Has anyone done this before as I was wondering what the presentation at the end was like as I am not the best at that sort of thing.

I mean it's just a standard presentation. You are not obliged to do it by any means, however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the presentation, you usually do it on the department you were in and it is a short presentation at the end of the week.
what's the application process like? Could somebody run me through it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
what's the application process like? Could somebody run me through it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just send them a cv and cover letter. And they basically say yes or no whether you get the placement. Btw I think applications have closed for the one in 2015.
Just waiting for the phone interview in next few days? Want to know what kind of questions will be asked on the phone interview as i am getting an interview for the first time. Thx!
My friend got it last year and apparently the interview on the phone was very mathematically based like they fired mental maths at him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
My friend got it last year and apparently the interview on the phone was very mathematically based like they fired mental maths at him

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could have been different last year, but they didn't give me a phone interview last year.
Reply 18
Original post by klegend02
Hi

Got a confirmation for the first week (a long while ago now). Anyone who did it last year have any recommendations/ stuff they wish they'd done while they were there? And is Village Urban Resorts a good place to stay?
If anyone else is on the first week message me and we'll make a Facebook Group :-)

The hotel choice is very good, you don't have much time for leisure - apart from the evenings, do what you want to do (but make friends with the other interns and perhaps go out somewhere for dinner/bar etc)

If you stay at the hotel, watch out for the 'free bus', it is **** and sometimes doesn't show. Make sure you have some cash lying around for a taxi :wink:
The email from jp Morgan says that j need to complete a video . 3 questions need to be answered ,90 seconds each question, and 3 attempts. Does anybody know what these questions are ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending