The Student Room Group

Weird intense guys on Tinder

I've just started using tinder last week. I've had a few creepy guys message me asking for pics on snapchat and stuff like that - but I was kinda expecting that and they're pretty easy to ignore! But what I was NOT expecting was all the guys who get ridiculously INTENSE after a couple of days of messaging.. you don't respond for several hours and they're checking you're still speaking to them.. did they offend you? etc etc :/

One guy in particular is really starting to freak me out.. we got on well and seemed to have a lot in common.. but yesterday he was so sulky about me not responding for a day... 'So you've stopped speaking to me then.' When I said I hadn't he kept saying tinder had said i had been online. Then when i didn't respond to another message for about 10 minutes he put 'fine then nevermind'. I made some comment about how i sometimes get messages on tinder even when it says the person hasn't been online for days so I didn't think it was that accurate. Then he seemed to get offended as it 'sounded like i was messaging other men'.
WTF! Is it just me or is this ridiculously too controlling?? (full stop.. let alone to someone you have never actually met!) I had agreed to meet him for a drink but Im too freaked out now... anyone had similar experiences?
Tinder is an app for hormonal, sex-craving people looking to hook up. You can definitely expect the guys to be "intense". Thankfully, I'm not using it, and nor is anyone else from my school. :biggrin:
Reply 2
That is when you unmatch, block or simply ignore.
And hopefully you never bump into them.
A lot of the frustration is probably because you're his only current responding match but he is aware you are far more likely to have other matches on the go, or the option to have many more matches (being female). The intensity comes from wanting things to get offline asap before you get bored and talk to someone else. He does not have this option.
Reply 4
What do you expect ? If your on there your desperate beg
Reply 5
These apps probably attracts a lot of people with edgy personalities who can't communicate well, so would not be surprised at this. Maybe this shows you that perhaps it's best to meet people face to face who may have more normal personalities, this does not mean you won't find the odd edgy one though. Also when people are online or on apps the seem to behave differently to how they would in the outside world, I guess because they think no one is looking so they lower their defences. Those guys you are talking to though are probably desperate for one thing though, so any ignoring of them will probably be a red light for them in their desperate quest for that one thing they want. I don't really think I have to spell out what that one thing they want is here though.
Tinder is ****ing horrible. Just made mine yesterday and still no matches. I suggest you delete it to save your life
Original post by Anonymous
Tinder is ****ing horrible. Just made mine yesterday and still no matches. I suggest you delete it to save your life

Are you female? It's highly unusual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending