The Student Room Group

leaving for UK, leaving a girl

I take IB in Japan. It began two years ago and I'm taking the IB exams next next week. However, I've been feeling very sick about this girl that I once dated in the past.

So in this Japanese High School, I belong to a club activity called brass band with non-IB, normal Japanese High School students. I started to like this girl in this club. When IB began, I told her that I liked her and she became my girlfriend. It was one of the best moments of my life. Holding hands, going back home... I thought everything was gonna go well, but it didn't last long. I was dumped :P

At first, I was confused, but I started to reflect back on myself and felt ashamed of the fact that I couldn't do much for her. I was being too dependent on her. Over time, I thought about so many ways of getting her back. The best thing I could think of was to show how independent I have become and to show her that I have changed.

Even though the studies in IB became harder, I made sure to attend club and participate readily unlike before. Still, I had to take a break away from club as IB became too hard. The only thing I could do then was to study my butt off. During this period, from a predicted of 35 in IB, I increased it to 43. Yesterday, I applied for Imperial College London and other good schools that I never imagined of applying to in January.

Nowadays, I chat with the girl sometimes and I talk to her like how I talk to other friends. After the IB exams, I will go back to club, where I will have two months of being with her. During these two months, I hope to get closer together and hopefully tell her that I still like her once again. Nevertheless, I will not be able to take care of her if I become accepted to UK. Plus, the fact that I have become much smarter does not directly mean that I have become a better person inside. I don't even know if I have changed and if I won't make the same mistakes again. So there's another side of me that says I shouldn't interact with her.

This dilemma has been on my mind lately, and it sometimes makes me feel very sad. I just want her to have a happy life, but I wanna be with her as well. What can I do?
Continue to live your life. Move on.
Reply 2
Original post by High Stakes
Continue to live your life. Move on.

Yea thats the best thing huh
Original post by Anonymous
Yea thats the best thing huh

That is my advice to you. But I'm not going to tell you what to do. Just remember we live in the real world.
Education > Bitches
Reply 5
Original post by High Stakes
That is my advice to you. But I'm not going to tell you what to do. Just remember we live in the real world.

Thanks. i needed it. It really reminds me of the great gatsby haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending