The Student Room Group

Do you hate your boyfriend to chat his ex ??

especially for too long
Reply 1
Girls hate it when you talk to any girl who is hotter than them. Doesn't stop us guys from doing it though.
I would find it odd. Did date someone briefly who did this. They were actually in a relationship.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
I would find it odd.

Why? Typically I'm friends with someone for awhile before becoming boyfriend/girlfriend, Why would it be odd that we then revert to being back to friends after deciding the relationship wasn't working?

I may be an odd one out, but the huge majority of my relationships haven't ended with fights or accusations of cheating. We remain friends.
Original post by Reue
Why? Typically I'm friends with someone for awhile before becoming boyfriend/girlfriend, Why would it be odd that we then revert to being back to friends after deciding the relationship wasn't working?

I may be an odd one out, but the huge majority of my relationships haven't ended with fights or accusations of cheating. We remain friends.

Same here, my last ex and me are quite close now

Posted from TSR Mobile
In most cases its absolutely fine for someone to text back to his/her ex if things hadn't worked out in past and they are fine with being friend.

Nevertheless, my sisters boyfriend (whom she was engaged to) used to text his ex alot. They often skyped. My sister never actually cared. Then my sister discovered that this guy had a fake id where he was in relationship with his ex. So yeah, things can get bit messed up at times.

Either they were never in love or they are still in love.
I wouldn't like it.
as long as it was clear he was over her I wouldn't mind, and as long as they weren't super close

my current boyfriend is friends with a couple of ex girlfriends, I know they broke up a long time ago so if they wanted to get back together they would have done so and there's no sign he's not over them or anything - I actually think it's quite nice that they had amicable break ups and have been able to move on...
It's her perogative to feel upset. I don't seek approval with all my actions tbh
Depends on the maturity of those involved.
I will still talk to my exes every now and again and wouldn't mind if my boyfriend spoke to his.
As long as he was open about it and didn't do it behind my back. If he hid it and I found it I'd be thinking he had something to hide for a reason.
Why can't people still talk to exes?
You shared a period of your lives together and learnt a lot about each other. If the break up was amicable then why not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue

This

Not really, should trust your boyfriend/girlfriend enough that they are with you for a reason and simply being friends with an ex is cool.
I used to date my best friend (we were best friends both before and after the relationship). It was a mutual decision to split up, because we both agreed that we were better off as friends.

Now he hardly ever talks to me because his new girlfriend doesn't like it when he talks to me. So, I'd say that most girls hate it.
Why would someone really talk to his/her ex?
He/She must be stupid!

I wouldn't say we SHOULD NOT talk, but it's unnecessary. It might create a rift between the current relationship, which I don't think anyone who's truly in love would want to happen.
Women hate feeling threatened by exs and other hot girls but it keeps them pm their toes to know that another girl who is capable of giving her man what he needs can just swoop in so she better work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending