The Student Room Group

Bristol Economics applicants 2015

I'm applying to both Economics and Economics and Econometrics at Bristol. Anyone else thinking of applying to any of these courses?
Original post by Abel Demoz
I'm applying to both Economics and Economics and Econometrics at Bristol. Anyone else thinking of applying to any of these courses?

That is a really stupid thing to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Classical Liberal
That is a really stupid thing to do.

How so?
How so?

The entry requirements are practically identical. If you don't get onto Economics, then you won't get onto Econ & Metrics.

Also, you can very easily change from Economics to Economics and Econometrics in 2nd year (which is what I did).
Reply 4
Original post by Classical Liberal
The entry requirements are practically identical. If you don't get onto Economics, then you won't get onto Econ & Metrics.

Also, you can very easily change from Economics to Economics and Econometrics in 2nd year (which is what I did).

I understand where you're coming from.

However, with regards to the entry requirements, Economics is A*AA whereas Economics and Econometrics is AAA.

Secondly, with regards to switching courses, what if I don't get an offer to study Economics but I receive an offer to study Economics and Econometrics?
I understand where you're coming from.

However, with regards to the entry requirements, Economics is A*AA whereas Economics and Econometrics is AAA.

Secondly, with regards to switching courses, what if I don't get an offer to study Economics but I receive an offer to study Economics and Econometrics?

Easy to change back to straight Econ. Lots of people find econometrics too hard and drop it.
Hey, have you heard back??
Reply 7
Original post by NidaJaffri
Hey, have you heard back??

Hello :smile: Sorry for the delayed response.

I still haven't heard back from them yet. How about you?
For the reasons stated above it isnt a daft idea at all.

And since different tutors will read the PS for each course, they could easily make a different decision.
Reply 9
Original post by sydneybridge
For the reasons stated above it isnt a daft idea at all.

And since different tutors will read the PS for each course, they could easily make a different decision.

I thought that as well, but I ended up substituting Econometrics for a different choice in the end. Also, Economics and Economics & Econometrics applicants are assessed in the same pool by the same team of admissions tutors. Would I have gotten assessed by different tutors from the same team? Who knows :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending