The Student Room Group

Government and politics VS Economics

i am deciding between economics and government and politics for my 4th AS , i think politics looks more interesting but i heard economics is more respected. Also which is easier to get an A ? and one with less workload?
bump
bump
Reply 3
Economics is a lot more respected and will open more options for you than goverment & polictics.
Do what you enjoy more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Humzaawan123
i am deciding between economics and government and politics for my 4th AS , i think politics looks more interesting but i heard economics is more respected. Also which is easier to get an A ? and one with less workload?

I do both and trust me politics is a lot easier.
Original post by blondelocks
I do both and trust me politics is a lot easier.

really ? which do you enjoy more ? which has the least amount of work ? and is politics respected ?
really ? which do you enjoy more ? which has the least amount of work ? and is politics respected ?

For me personally politics is easier and requires less work but I have a background/understanding of politics whereas I'm starting economics from fresh. Economics is probably slightly more demanding for most people regardless but I can emphasize enough that this will also differ per person! Actually in terms of workload, I'd say there is more in politics but it's easier content. There is less economics work but it's conceptually harder!

Politics is a relatively respected subject, it's not as respected as Literature or maths for example and it's generally more respected then sociology/law but at the same time if you're taking two or three solid/respected subjects then it's absolutely fine, at least that's my understanding.

But in making up your mind up you should pick the one you'll do best in. Politics is not so inferior to economics that you should let it's clout get in the way of a decision. It's worth considering but ultimately take the subject you prefer.
For me personally politics is easier and requires less work but I have a background/understanding of politics whereas I'm starting economics from fresh. Economics is probably slightly more demanding for most people regardless but I can emphasize enough that this will also differ per person! Actually in terms of workload, I'd say there is more in politics but it's easier content. There is less economics work but it's conceptually harder!

Politics is a relatively respected subject, it's not as respected as Literature or maths for example and it's generally more respected then sociology/law but at the same time if you're taking two or three solid/respected subjects then it's absolutely fine, at least that's my understanding.

But in making up your mind up you should pick the one you'll do best in. Politics is not so inferior to economics that you should let it's clout get in the way of a decision. It's worth considering but ultimately take the subject you prefer.

my other subjects are biology,chemistry and maths, tbh i just want a break from sciences and have an essay based subject. I don't want to do english lit because i want a subject that will not be too much work but more of a very much needed break, something fun, which is why i am considering these 2. I think i will go with economics then, but would you recommend any other essay based subjects that don't require a lot of work ?
my other subjects are biology,chemistry and maths, tbh i just want a break from sciences and have an essay based subject. I don't want to do english lit because i want a subject that will not be too much work but more of a very much needed break, something fun, which is why i am considering these 2. I think i will go with economics then, but would you recommend any other essay based subjects that don't require a lot of work ?

If you're choosing one for fun then I'd probably say economics as it's also very rewarding even if slightly harder than g&p, you've obviously got the aptitude if taking the sciences.

They're all going to take work!
If you're choosing one for fun then I'd probably say economics as it's also very rewarding even if slightly harder than g&p, you've obviously got the aptitude if taking the sciences.

They're all going to take work!

Thank you so much , what subjects do you take ?
Economics is much more well respected.
Thank you so much , what subjects do you take ?

History, economics and politics - taking up a 4th AS with my A2s depending on my grades.

Quick Reply