The Student Room Group

Housemate rant

Heya guys, what would you do if you were living in a house with a pompous, middle class wannabe, arrogant d***?
Two out of 4 of my house mates are exactly like that. I need advice on hope to deal with them. I've tried ignoring the situation but I just get angrier and angrier every time I see their faces. :mad: Heeeelp.
Original post by ahgee
Heya guys, what would you do if you were living in a house with a pompous, middle class wannabe, arrogant d***?
Two out of 4 of my house mates are exactly like that. I need advice on hope to deal with them. I've tried ignoring the situation but I just get angrier and angrier every time I see their faces. :mad: Heeeelp.

Hmm.. sorry to hear that :/.
I guess you can only accept that this is the way some people are.. just remember (if its uni that you're at) that the most important thing is to focus on your studies etc. Perhaps don't avoid them, but when possible, distance yourself from them, and spend time with the other two more?

Have you spoke to any of your housemates about what they think?
Reply 2
Original post by Emily.97
Hmm.. sorry to hear that :/.
I guess you can only accept that this is the way some people are.. just remember (if its uni that you're at) that the most important thing is to focus on your studies etc. Perhaps don't avoid them, but when possible, distance yourself from them, and spend time with the other two more?

Have you spoke to any of your housemates about what they think?

Yeah, I'm a second year. I've spoken to the other two house mates, they both agree with me. One of them gets annoyed at them both but does a good job at blocking things out. The other loves them both, arrogance and all.
Thanks for the advice.
Original post by ahgee
Yeah, I'm a second year. I've spoken to the other two house mates, they both agree with me. One of them gets annoyed at them both but does a good job at blocking things out. The other loves them both, arrogance and all.
Thanks for the advice.

Well atleast you live with some like minded people. There's only so much you can do in these kind of situations, dont you think?
Also remember that by the end of your second year you may not live with them again or even see them that frequently :smile:
Reply 4
Well atleast you live with some like minded people. There's only so much you can do in these kind of situations, dont you think?
Also remember that by the end of your second year you may not live with them again or even see them that frequently :smile:

Thanks. I never thought of it that way. :smile: I hope you're right with not having to see them that much after this year since they are both on my course or at least a related course.
Original post by ahgee
Thanks. I never thought of it that way. :smile: I hope you're right with not having to see them that much after this year since they are both on my course or at least a related course.

Well them being on your course is completely different compared to living with them, so even in the course you can distance yourself from them, to a degree anyway.

I doubt you'll be living with them in third year anyway haha!
Reply 6
Well them being on your course is completely different compared to living with them, so even in the course you can distance yourself from them, to a degree anyway.

I doubt you'll be living with them in third year anyway haha!

Hell to the no!
Actually on the first day I moved in he said "I don't really want to live with any of you. I would rather live with myself, unfortunately that's ridiculously expensive"
Reply 7
You mention nothing about any problems just their personality...
It sounds like you have personal / anger issues and need to get over yourself!

People have different personalities and tbh I'd hate to live with a judgmental arrogant person such as yourself. Why are you arrogant? because you deem them to be bad because of the way they act rather than anything else.

Hope they carry on being themselves and taking no care of how you seem to perceive them :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Inazuma
You mention nothing about any problems just their personality...
It sounds like you have personal / anger issues and need to get over yourself!

People have different personalities and tbh I'd hate to live with a judgmental arrogant person such as yourself. Why are you arrogant? because you deem them to be bad because of the way they act rather than anything else.

Hope they carry on being themselves and taking no care of how you seem to perceive them :wink:

The hypocrisy in this message amuses me. These people I'm talking about were my friends, so I assure you that I know what they're like.
Reply 9
Original post by ahgee
The hypocrisy in this message amuses me. These people I'm talking about were my friends, so I assure you that I know what they're like.

I'm sure you do, so why did you move in with them if you have such issues with their personality?

See my housemate has an annoying personality but I can live with that. I just get annoyed by the constant smoking / drugs / noise / messiness / scrounging / stealing / intrusion. Those are much more fun to deal with.
Original post by ahgee

Bit harsh bringing class into this...
Learn to not give a **** and deal with it. You're not going to love everyone in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending