The Student Room Group

Bully

We always hear the side of the victim - the bullied.

Have you ever bullied anyone?

Be honest.

I think that we all make mistakes when we are young and we grow out of it.

Scroll to see replies

No because I'm a cute little squirrel with fur :colondollar:

EDIT: I have been bullied by girls extensively. I have seen girls psychologically abuse each other, weak men and squirrels A LOT.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am 100% ashamed to say that I once bullied a girl for a while.

I was heavily bullied myself throughout my school days, and she was a weaker character than me, and it just made me feel so good that for once I was the one in control. As though I was actually able to make decisions, and make other people laugh rather than being the one laughed at.

We're now quite good friends because I apologised, but I do feel guilty for what I put her through. I wonder if the people who were horrible to me feel the same..
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

I was heavily bullied myself throughout my school days, and she was a weaker character than me, and it just made me feel so good that for once I was the one in control. As though I was actually able to make decisions, and make other people laugh rather than being the one laughed at.

We're now quite good friends because I apologised, but I do feel guilty for what I put her through. I wonder if the people who were horrible to me feel the same..

Haha sounds like the beginning of a psychopath! jkjk

it's funny reading you were an ex-bully and then looking at your avatar. So cute :biggrin:

I bullied quite a few people in my secondary school. I've never been bullied however.

Much like you I am ashamed of myself and I do feel bad.
I have never bullied but have been bullied. I understand people make mistakes and as such if any of my bullies ever apologised to me and felt actual remorse I would completely forgive them.
Original post by Pattie Labelle
Haha sounds like the beginning of a psychopath! jkjk

it's funny reading you were an ex-bully and then looking at your avatar. So cute :biggrin:

I bullied quite a few people in my secondary school. I've never been bullied however.

Much like you I am ashamed of myself and I do feel bad.

It wasn't really major, it was more just teasing but I was well aware of the fact I shouldn't be doing it at the time. I am more annoyed at the people who bullied me for making me feel as though the only way I could cope was by being horrible to someone who was supposed to be my friend.
It wasn't really major, it was more just teasing but I was well aware of the fact I shouldn't be doing it at the time. I am more annoyed at the people who bullied me for making me feel as though the only way I could cope was by being horrible to someone who was supposed to be my friend.

Teasing can have a MAJOR psychological impact on victims.

How does being ashamed feel btw? Not as bad as being bullied I assume?
Original post by SophieSmall
I have never bullied but have been bullied. I understand people make mistakes and as such if any of my bullies ever apologised to me and felt actual remorse I would completely forgive them.

That's very big of you.

I just hope all the people I terrorised are as forgiving as you but I doubt it.
Original post by squirrelman
Teasing can have a MAJOR psychological impact on victims.

How does being ashamed feel btw? Not as bad as being bullied I assume?

Yes I know it can. As I said, I was bullied heavily myself, mentally and physically.

Feeling ashamed is worse than being bullied. I can accept that being bullied was not my fault, and I couldn't have stopped it.
That's very big of you.

I just hope all the people I terrorised are as forgiving as you but I doubt it.

You'll only find out if you apologise and show you are genuinely sorry, an apology can mean a lot
I've never bullied anyone but, when I was in school, I did say something awful to a girl who was bullied by everyone else. She had this habit of jumping up on people's backs when you weren't expecting it. She did it to me once and I got really mad because me and my friends were among the few people that actually stuck up for her. We had a bit of argument and then I shouted something horrible pertaining to the fact that she was adopted. I was like 14/15 at the time.
Yes I know it can. As I said, I was bullied heavily myself, mentally and physically.

Feeling ashamed is worse than being bullied. I can accept that being bullied was not my fault, and I couldn't have stopped it.

Wow that's news to me! I also can't forget the times that made me feel ashamed but I just can't FEEL anything... is that weird? Being bullied makes me feel traumatized.
Reply 12
I didn't think what I did was bullying at the time but now that I think back on it, I think me and some of my friends bullied a boy in year 7. We would add him to our msn conversation just to make fun of him and make jokes about his epilepsy. I really wish I hadn't done it but oh well, he got the last laugh, he has a good group of friends now and I'm the loner :tongue:

I'll never look at you in the same way again, you disgust me.
Original post by King Leonidas
I'll never look at you in the same way again, you disgust me.

I won't lose any sleep.. no offence.

I would've thought you're guilty conscience would cause the lack of sleep, not my comment.

I will not take it any further:tongue:

My inital comment was a joke, I wanted to carry it on after your comment but I cannot be arsed:colonhash:
Original post by King Leonidas
I will not take it any further:tongue:

My inital comment was a joke, I wanted to carry it on after your comment but I cannot be arsed:colonhash:

Oh thank goodness for that, I'm too tired for a TSR verbal duel today lol.
Oh thank goodness for that, I'm too tired for a TSR verbal duel today lol.

I would've carried on, but like you I am also tired:yawn:
We always hear the side of the victim - the bullied.

Have you ever bullied anyone?

Be honest.

I think that we all make mistakes when we are young and we grow out of it.

Yep I was bullied by some right pieces of **** 'human' beings.

I was even bullied for being big down there.

Quick Reply

Latest