The Student Room Group

I wish I had never met her

Hiya, there's this girl who, up until now I considered a friend. I now realise she was just using me all along. She makes my life a complete misery. I wish that she had never moved to my school in year 3, I wish she had gone to a different secondary school to me, I wish she had transferred sixth forms. But no, she's still here. We hang out in the same group but she is UNBELIEVABLY rude to me, saying 'no one cares' if I talking and constantly having digs at me. Calling me weird, questioning my vegetarianism, reminding me that I'm friendless ect. If someone is teasing me she will side with them and join in. After all of this, she will come crawling back to me, acting as if we're besties. I bet you in a couple of weeks when she's bored of her other friends, she will come crawling back. See, she was supposed to be a friend, and she would be rude and act in a mood with me completely out of the blue, especially infront of other people. She's been like this since year 3. I really want to yell at her but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I don't know what to do.
Tell that ***** to **** off mate!
Simple :biggrin:
Completely cut her off, when she makes comments ignore them, when she says "no one cares" when you are talking continue talking. She is a bully nothing more, don't feed her ego.
I don't personally agree with just cutting people off without telling them why - you are entitled to, but people are bullies for all sorts of reasons, and it's quite likely she knows deep down that she's bullying you, but it's gone on for so long that it's just become a matter of course.

You know her best, but if she's moderately intelligent I would just politely tell her exactly what you've told us - write it down if it helps you get it across coherently. Give her a chance to respond, but be wary of any crocodile tears or 'promises to change', and don't give her more than one chance after this. Then go and find some better friends. You'll be at university soon (or in a job / whatever you want to do), and this will quickly become irrelevant.

Standing up to someone like that isn't easy, particularly if they officially have 'friend' status. However, now is the perfect time to try, as you won't have to deal with her for long. :smile:
Original post by charlotte1998xxx
Hiya, there's this girl who, up until now I considered a friend. I now realise she was just using me all along. She makes my life a complete misery. I wish that she had never moved to my school in year 3, I wish she had gone to a different secondary school to me, I wish she had transferred sixth forms. But no, she's still here. We hang out in the same group but she is UNBELIEVABLY rude to me, saying 'no one cares' if I talking and constantly having digs at me. Calling me weird, questioning my vegetarianism, reminding me that I'm friendless ect. If someone is teasing me she will side with them and join in. After all of this, she will come crawling back to me, acting as if we're besties. I bet you in a couple of weeks when she's bored of her other friends, she will come crawling back. See, she was supposed to be a friend, and she would be rude and act in a mood with me completely out of the blue, especially infront of other people. She's been like this since year 3. I really want to yell at her but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I don't know what to do.

I had a 'friend' exactly like this when I was at school. She used me because no-one else wanted to be friends with her and she wanted more popularity and status by way of being my friend (I wasn't MEGA-popular, I just had a large group of friends). Yet she'd try and bring me down because it made her feel better about herself and she thought it would bring me down to her low level of self-esteem. It ended up getting really nasty and she'd try to turn my friends against me, using the fact that she was partially deaf to make people feel bad and side with her.

Seriously, cut her out now before things get nasty!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending