The Student Room Group

If a friend were to sit on your car

If a friend where to sit/lean on your car bonnet, what would you say/do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell them to mind my spotlights, and probably join them.

My buddy, who was admittedly pretty ill at the time, decided to use my engine's heat as a hot water bottle:

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, it's hard to keep him off my car:

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nuffles
Tell them to mind my spotlights, and probably join them.

My buddy, who was admittedly pretty ill at the time, decided to use my engine's heat as a hot water bottle:

My housemate just leaned on my 9 year old Honda last night to have a cigarette. I found it downright rude to do that without even asking me, so told him to get off.
Reply 3
Then he's no friend of mine.
Reply 5
Original post by FuelBowser
My housemate just leaned on my 9 year old Honda last night to have a cigarette. I found it downright rude to do that without even asking me, so told him to get off.

My friends and I all abuse my car on a weekly basis - one of the reasons I own an £800 car is because I don't have to worry about stuff that much. Like, who's got time to be pissed off because your mate leaned on your car?
Reply 6
I don't mind people leaning on my bonnet, I often do it with friends when we're out and about.

However, once, I dropped my (very drunk) friends off somewhere, when one decided to jump on my bonnet. It was all fun and games until it made that "pop" sound and didn't go back out... So I had to stop and pop it out myself, leaving 3 small annoying dents in my bonnet.

It was funny, though I don't want people jumping on my bonnet with all their weight again anytime soon :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SP0TIFY
I don't mind people leaning on my bonnet, I often do it with friends when we're out and about.

However, once, I dropped my (very drunk) friends off somewhere, when one decided to jump on my bonnet. It was all fun and games until it made that "pop" sound and didn't go back out... So I had to stop and pop it out myself, leaving 3 small annoying dents in my bonnet.

It was funny, though I don't want people jumping on my bonnet with all their weight again anytime soon :smile:

Doing damage to your car is another issue - leaning on it isn't gunna damage it though. My friends have damaged my car a couple of times, but **** happens and it's cheap and easy to fix so I'd rather just get on with my life and not spend more time moaning at people than actually driving my car.
Had complete strangers climb on my bonnet and roof (while I wasn't there) leaving ripples that I can't entirely knock back out.

it's only a cheap car but it's always going to be annoying to have some idiots ****ing up your property
Reply 9
I'd floor it then hit the brake (Y)
Reply 10
I tell them my car isn't a park bench and to find somewhere else to park their fat ass.
Reply 12
Original post by Nuffles
Doing damage to your car is another issue - leaning on it isn't gunna damage it though. My friends have damaged my car a couple of times, but **** happens and it's cheap and easy to fix so I'd rather just get on with my life and not spend more time moaning at people than actually driving my car.

Oh yeah, definitely. I've never had to make a point not to jump on my bonnet to anyone or anything like that, just that it annoyed me a bit but I couldn't really complain, it had already happened so whatever #yoloswag :P
Original post by Alfissti
I tell them my car isn't a park bench and to find somewhere else to park their fat ass.

And then you wouldn't have to worry about it again as you wouldn't have any friends left, so it's a win/win as far as you're concerned...
Leaning - not a problem.

Sitting - might cause it to bend in, I'll tell them to get off right-away. Though it's unlikely they would be a friend if they generally disrespect people's property like that.
Reply 15
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Leaning - not a problem.

Sitting - might cause it to bend in, I'll tell them to get off right-away. Though it's unlikely they would be a friend if they generally disrespect people's property like that.

In my experience it is people that don't own cars that disrespect other people's cars. More through ignorance than malice I think. I.e. leaning on the boot, sitting on the bonnet, not offering petrol money, expecting lifts etc
In my experience it is people that don't own cars that disrespect other people's cars. More through ignorance than malice I think. I.e. leaning on the boot, sitting on the bonnet, not offering petrol money, expecting lifts etc

You've hit the nail on the head here.
Leaning - fine. Sitting on it... can't say I'd be too happy tbh. As previously said, if I had a £800~ car, it wouldn't bother me too much, but I don't.

100% agree.
Reply 19
I saw something disrespectful today

There was a fire alarm at work and we all headed into the car park. There was a piece of paper that everyone was writing their name on, and people were using a brand new Fiesta as a clipboard to write on.

When it was my turn I did not use the fiesta to lean on, and everyone stopped and followed my lead.

Quick Reply

Latest