The Student Room Group

Anyone like me not getting any offer yet?

Dying...my marks are okay, but a lot of my friends are already getting offers! Not too sure it is because of discipline, maybe? Anyone already getting a law offer, from where? How long does it take for Uni to give offers for law? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John.Willis
Dying...my marks are okay, but a lot of my friends are already getting offers! Not too sure it is because of discipline, maybe? Anyone already getting a law offer, from where? How long does it take for Uni to give offers for law? :frown:

I'm not applying to law, but it depends on what universities your applying to. Where have you applied ?
Reply 2
Original post by Millymd
I'm not applying to law, but it depends on what universities your applying to. Where have you applied ?

Thanks for replying! What are u applying? I tried out Oxford (of course, not expecting an offer from there!), Warwick, Edinburgh and LSE!
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for replying! What are u applying? I tried out Cambridge (of course, not expecting an offer from there!), Warwick and LSE!

Only applying to 3?
I have 2 offers however I haven't seen antibody on here with offers from those unis so I wouldn't say it's cause for concern yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for Chemistry at Oxford (also not expecting an offer from there), Edinburgh, Bath, Durham and Manchester.
Cambridge don't tend to invite to interviews until end of November, so don't expect anything from them soon. I don't know about LSE and Warwick, you should check on threads about those universities. Have you only applied to only 3 unis?
Reply 5
Original post by georgieooooo
Only applying to 3?
I have 2 offers however I haven't seen antibody on here with offers from those unis so I wouldn't say it's cause for concern yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I feel so safe now! I did apply for 5, but the other two didn't even respond to me, so I feel like it is as good as not applying.... I am actually quite nervous about this, but thanks for your kind words! You are so bright with 2 offers, wish u all the best:smile:
Thank you, I feel so safe now! I did apply for 5, but the other two didn't even respond to me, so I feel like it is as good as not applying.... I am actually quite nervous about this, but thanks for your kind words! You are so bright with 2 offers, wish u all the best:smile:

Which two haven't responded? They might not be looking at applications till January deadline.
Reply 7
Original post by Millymd
Which two haven't responded? They might not be looking at applications till January deadline.

Edinburgh and Bristol! By the way, what uni are u applying and what major?:wink:
Like I said before, I'm applying to Applying for Chemistry at Oxford (also not expecting an offer from there), Edinburgh, Bath, Durham and Manchester.
You could always email them just to ask if they have received your application :smile:
Thanks for replying! What are u applying? I tried out Oxford (of course, not expecting an offer from there!), Warwick, Edinburgh and LSE!

You need to have some patience, it goes by university and not just the course. Oxford, Edinburgh and LSE all take ages to reply.
Reply 10
Original post by Millymd
Like I said before, I'm applying to Applying for Chemistry at Oxford (also not expecting an offer from there), Edinburgh, Bath, Durham and Manchester.
You could always email them just to ask if they have received your application :smile:

Sounds cool, Chemistry! Ya, I am about to email them :smile: Once again, thanks for being so encouraging, it means a lot to me!
Reply 11
Original post by jelly1000
You need to have some patience, it goes by university and not just the course. Oxford, Edinburgh and LSE all take ages to reply.

Will try to be patient :afraid: (though anxious!)
Sounds cool, Chemistry! Ya, I am about to email them :smile: Once again, thanks for being so encouraging, it means a lot to me!

No problem ! I know what it's like to have no offers, finally got one from Manchester and waiting for Track to work again because I received an offer/rejection from somewhere but dont know where yet..Any way, Good Luck ! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Millymd
No problem ! I know what it's like to have no offers, finally got one from Manchester and waiting for Track to work again because I received an offer/rejection from somewhere but dont know where yet..Any way, Good Luck ! :smile:

Congrats to Manchester! Btw, it is that u could only check offers from the Track, as the Uni wouldn't email u?
I have been waiting eagerly for a 2 weeks. All of my friends applying for economics at warwick got their offers in early October. I'm so jelly.

My daughter applied for Maths. One of those was Oxford - she got an interview for I think it was late November, ( didn't get in though ).

That was it though - she had no other offers until after Christmas - she applied for Edinburgh, Bristol; rejected by Durham and finally in MARCH - UCL an offer.

SO take heart - they will come/ ( All her friends were getting offers early too - so she did feel very despondent)
Original post by Just_asking_you
I have been waiting eagerly for a 2 weeks. All of my friends applying for economics at warwick got their offers in early October. I'm so jelly.

Your not applying to the same course, that's probably why. As long as you have the grade requirements they are asking for and a good personal statement/reference, you stand as much chance as anyone else :smile:
Original post by Millymd
Your not applying to the same course, that's probably why. As long as you have the grade requirements they are asking for and a good personal statement/reference, you stand as much chance as anyone else :smile:

Thanks for cheering me up :smile::smile::smile:....... But I guess I'm still kinda worried :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by Just_asking_you
Thanks for cheering me up :smile::smile::smile:....... But I guess I'm still kinda worried :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Everyone is, it's normal :smile: Imagine how nervous I am after having received email from UCAS saying that I have got an offer or a rejection but cannot check it until tomorrow morning due to track being down...
Original post by Millymd
Everyone is, it's normal :smile: Imagine how nervous I am after having received email from UCAS saying that I have got an offer or a rejection but cannot check it until tomorrow morning due to track being down...

Oh that's even worse, but good luck, I'm sure that will be an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending