The Student Room Group

Will I get offers?

Sorry if this has been said over and over before, I haven't read through. But basically I'm a bit stuck, I don't know if I'm going to get any offers at all because of the AS grades I got and the universities I'm applying to, I want to do engineering, and am applying to top ten universites (3 A*AA, 2 AAA). The thing is I didn't do a great deal of work last year, and only ended up with A*AABC (EPQ, maths, physics, chemistry (5 ums from an A), further maths (4 ums from a B)) but this year I am going way above and beyond the norm, and my teachers have noticed this and have given me A*s and As predicted grades. I just want to know if it's good enough, because I know how competitive it will be and I'm scared I won't get any offers at all :frown: :s-smilie: :dontknow:
Reply 1
Original post by doucheymcswagson
Sorry if this has been said over and over before, I haven't read through. But basically I'm a bit stuck, I don't know if I'm going to get any offers at all because of the AS grades I got and the universities I'm applying to, I want to do engineering, and am applying to top ten universites (3 A*AA, 2 AAA). The thing is I didn't do a great deal of work last year, and only ended up with A*AABC (EPQ, maths, physics, chemistry (5 ums from an A), further maths (4 ums from a B)) but this year I am going way above and beyond the norm, and my teachers have noticed this and have given me A*s and As predicted grades. I just want to know if it's good enough, because I know how competitive it will be and I'm scared I won't get any offers at all :frown: :s-smilie: :dontknow:

I'm sure you will! You are at a disadvantage to those who got the grades at AS but your AS grades are still good! I know people who got B's and applied to straight A courses and got offers so you'll be fine:smile:
Thank you! That gives me a lot more confidence :biggrin: :cracker:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending