The Student Room Group

Do you prefer easy papers with high grade boundaries or vice versa?

Personally I prefer hard papers with lower grade boundaries as I tend to be better at harder papers, as I have less simple questions to make stupid mistakes on :biggrin:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I completely agree with you. Though one of my physics exams in June was both horrendously difficult and had the same grade boundaries as the super easy paper from last year :frown:
If a paper is easy than surely the grade boundaries are raised?
Easy paper with high grade boundaries cause then I would have gotten majority of it right wouldn't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To an extent I prefer the harder papers with lower boundaries as they're more forgiving (specially in say maths) if you were to screw up somewhere
Reply 5
Original post by turn-to-page394
If a paper is easy than surely the grade boundaries are raised?

Sorry meant to say that :colondollar:
Original post by BBeyond
Sorry meant to say that :colondollar:

:wink: Thought so.
I prefer rock hard papers with low grade boundaries, in a subject that I happen to be awesome at (you know the modules that just 'click' for you, when everyone else seems to struggle..) haha.

That happened with one of our GCSE maths papers. Everyone else came out of the exam terrified but when the tutor went through the answers I was able to give solutions, and ended up with pretty much full marks in it.

Having said that, I didn't really have that experience all that often, lol. It was usually very much the other way round!
Hard paper, low boundaries
Very hard papers with low grade boundaries are good. No matter how much i revise i'm bound to lose marks to silly mistakes. With high grade boundaries this causes me to miss out on grades :frown:
For example this years C2 exam... hard but low grade boundaries allowing me to do well.
We don't really have grade boundaries on my course... So easy paper any day LOL xD
Hard papers, low boundaries are definitely better. Especially in maths.

Quick Reply

Latest