The Student Room Group

Slight Problem With Application

I submitted my UCAS application a few years ago and entered my AS level results, which were poor due to extenuating circumstances. This year, I'm doing different A-levels in a year and after speaking to a UCAS admissions tutor who came to my school, she said it was fine that I did not declare those AS level results.

I've already sent off my UCAS application (24/10/14), but I've just checked on the UCAS website and it states that I should have declared all my results. I obviously can't ring up UCAS because it's Saturday, but I'd like to confirm... All grades including those you have failed must be declared or not? Will my application be disqualified/terminated if I fail to declare these grades?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
If you didn't get any physical certificates you don't need to declare them :tongue:
You should have declared them, but if you ring UCAS up on Monday and explain your situation, and then email your universities you should be in the clear.
Reply 3
Original post by TheBBQ
If you didn't get any physical certificates you don't need to declare them :tongue:

My school has been asking me to collect my "cashed in" full A-level certificates, but I didn't even sit my exams at A2 because I sat there and did nothing in the exam halls. School even received a letter from Edexcel exam board about it. They were still cashed in. :s-smilie:

Original post by loperdoper
You should have declared them, but if you ring UCAS up on Monday and explain your situation, and then email your universities you should be in the clear.

Thanks - I'm a little panicky about it. Do you think it's extremely risky if I don't declare the grades?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by NishaaaR
My school has been asking me to collected my "cashed in" full A-level certificates, but I didn't even sit my exams at A2 because I sat there and did nothing in the exam halls. School even received a letter from Edexcel exam board about it. They were still cashed in. :s-smilie:

:console:

Contact a UCAS representative on Facebook about it. They help on weekends I think
Reply 5
Original post by TheBBQ
:console:

Contact a UCAS representative on Facebook about it. They help on weekends I think

I messaged them on Facebook, but I've had no response yet. :frown:
Original post by NishaaaR
Thanks - I'm a little panicky about it. Do you think it's extremely risky if I don't declare the grades?

Yes. If your grades remain undeclared, your application could be cancelled. If it was one exam that you got a U in and retook anyway, you might have just got away with it (but it's still very risky), but a bunch of AS levels is very likely to be discovered.
Reply 7
Original post by loperdoper
Yes. If your grades remain undeclared, your application could be cancelled. If it was one exam that you got a U in and retook anyway, you might have just got away with it (but it's still very risky), but a bunch of AS levels is very likely to be discovered.

Thanks again. I'll ring up UCAS on Monday and hopefully they let me amend my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending