The Student Room Group

Do universities consider DoE?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

I suppose it indicates you're a more "well-rounded" person etc, but the extent to which things like the DoE are helpful is really exaggerated, particularly for very competitive courses. So no, doing the DoE probably won't in itself give you a meaningful advantage over someone without it.
Basically what Chlorophile said. A lot of people do Bronze and Silver, but I think if you went up to Gold it would look very impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Looks like I probably won't do silver them :mmm:

Did you do it?:redface:

I really would like to stress at this point that you shouldn't be doing things just for your personal statement. The fact that DoE won't help you get into Med school doesn't mean it's not worth doing. It sounds like a really great opportunity (not that I did it) and I definitely would encourage people to do it, just for the sake of the experience. I regret not doing it to be honest, it looks like a lot of fun.
I think they would consider it, yes. It depends what you say about it, of course.
Original post by Mr...
I mean, I didn't really like the expedition and the only thing I liked was the people who I am now in contact with anyway. So the fact that silver costs £90 and it has little value is not very promising then.

Saying this I am still going to do it :rolleyes:

Why didn't you do it :redface:

I was too scared!
Where has this come from? :lolwut:
Original post by Mr...
Ok relax :lolwut:

What is that supposed to mean-_-

Ikr. :erm:
Original post by Mr...
:mmm: Well at least you admitted to it, some people said that it looked too easy :rolleyes:

Given that I didn't have enough confidence to get on a bus by myself until Year 12, I really don't think I'd have coped on the expedition in Year 9 :smile:

Also, is it just me who thinks that the TSR smiley looks like a soulless demonic entity?
Why are you being so rash?
Reply 9
Seen as you posted in the Medicine part of the forum I can only assume you are applying for Medicine. In which case it really doesn't make much difference one way or another.
Reply 10
Literally everyone in my year did DofE to bronze/silver at least, and I did not see the point in it. School helped them all the way through, and everyone was constantly like "it will look good on my personal statement"...?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending