The Student Room Group

I'm a 22yr old Pakistani female that can't cook. Ask me things.

I'm sure nobody gives a **** but I felt like making an AMA thread, in honour of having 11 followers :smile:

According to my grandma no man will ever want to marry me :cry:. How sad.

Feel free to ask me anything :smile: apart from the things that I can't answer.

Edit:
I'm actually 25 now (too old for this ****) and don't frequent this site as often as I used to. I came on here because I'd had a crappy day only to find that my old thread had been revived! Oh sweet comforts of TSR, how I've missed you.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you married or have a BF?
Are you Muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a scale of Johnny English to Saba Qamar, how Pakistani are you??

(I just googled Pakistani actresses, and holy hell:

http://www.stylentips.com/top-10-pakistani-models-actress-2014/)

On a scale of burnt toast to holy **** I burnt the house down, how much of a bad cook are you?

(Side note, once I had to put a fire out in our kitchen. Not my doing.. )
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jelly150
Are you married or have a BF?
Are you Muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No & no.
Well, I'm culturally Muslim but my beliefs are somewhere between agnosticism and monotheism i.e. I would like to believe in God and do occasionally pray [in the Christian 'get-down-on-knees-and-put-hands-together' way :/] but I'm not certain He exists.

Original post by de_monies
On a scale of 1 to 10, how Pakistani are you??

On a scale of burnt toast to holy **** I burnt the house down, how much of a bad cook are you?

About a 5. I'm trying to think of a time when I went full-Desi but I might have to get back to you on that.

I was somewhere along the lines of "holy-**** I smoked out the kitchen" but with a little supervision from my mama, I'm getting better :smile:

[Thanks btw :smile:]
On a scale of Johnny English to Saba Qamar, how Pakistani are you??

(I just googled Pakistani actresses, and holy hell:

http://www.stylentips.com/top-10-pakistani-models-actress-2014/)

(Side note, once I had to put a fire out in our kitchen. Not my doing.. )

WOW those Pakistani girls. Just wow there peng. anyone can cook if you use a cook book. Beside guys don't just marry girls just because they can cook. If they do i'm sure the rest of there life will be miserable.
Original post by iammeyouareyou
No & no.
Well, I'm culturally Muslim but my beliefs are somewhere between agnosticism and monotheism i.e. I would like to believe in God and do occasionally pray [in the Christian 'get-down-on-knees-and-put-hands-together' way :/] but I'm not certain He exists.

About a 5. I'm trying to think of a time when I went full-Desi but I might have to get back to you on that.

I was somewhere along the lines of "holy-**** I smoked out the kitchen" but with a little supervision from my mama, I'm getting better :smile:

[Thanks btw :smile:]

How do you go "full desi" Like wearing the Salwar Kameez a lot?? Probably a 4 myself tbh :tongue:

And meh it's a welcome break from studying so...

Personally, I have one device that sets off smoke alarms...
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
Beside guys don't just marry girls just because they can cook. If they do i'm sure the rest of there life will be miserable.

Pretty much tbh...
Reply 7
Can we see a picture of you? Hahaa :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
WOW those Pakistani girls. Just wow there peng. anyone can cook if you use a cook book. Beside guys don't just marry girls just because they can cook. If they do i'm sure the rest of there life will be miserable.

I think my gran was referring to my personality in general when she made that comment.

How do you go "full desi" Like wearing the Salwar Kameez a lot?? Probably a 4 myself tbh :tongue:

And meh it's a welcome break from studying so...

Personally, I have one device that sets off smoke alarms...

When I said I was "getting better" I basically meant that I can fry an egg like a pro and chop onions / tomatoes. That's about it.

Haha yeah I guess. You know the wedding-style salwar kameez, decked out in all your jewellery, big hair [except I never have big hair], dancing to Munni Badnam Hui [which I probably do more often than I should publicly admit].

Original post by Jelly150
Can we see a picture of you? Hahaa :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Er no. This isn't shaadi.com
Original post by iammeyouareyou
I'm sure nobody gives a **** but I felt like making an AMA thread, in honour of having 11 followers :smile:

According to my grandma no man will ever want to marry me :cry:. How sad.

Feel free to ask me anything :smile: apart from the things that I can't answer.

lmao ah gahhhhd I gt the whole no one will wanna you thing all the time :lol:

but what can you caook? :tongue:
What would you do if you accidentally ate non halal?
Reply 11
coke or pepsi?
chicken or lamb curry?
normal brown chawal or biryani?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Princess31

Haha well, like I stated earlier, I can fry an egg and beans - yay :smile: I also help my mam with cutting up vegetables but I take forever to do it and sometimes the vegetables go flying in all directions while I'm trying to cut them :/. I think it's safe to say that cooking is not my forte.

Original post by SmallDuck
What would you do if you accidentally ate non halal?

Just move on with my life I suppose...
If you can't cook, then join an adult evening cookery class; you'll have more fun interacting with other people, than learning to do it on your own.

Here's my questions:

1. How do you deal with non-Muslims having this view of Pakistani as being as backward as Saudi-Arabia, when in fact it's far more liberal despite being an Islamic Republic?

2. Do you have problems meeting up with other Pakistani guys that view women as equals?

3. Do you believe in sex within marriage only, and how important is this still to Pakistani guys today?

4. Do you think the partition of Pakistan from Indian was a good idea long term?

5. Have you experienced prejudice and discrimination from Indians?
Don't worry, more excuses for take out :biggrin:

I never "got" that...

Old mindsetI gues
I never "got" that...

Old mindsetI gues

lmao! swear I cant type today :tongue: I meant to say no one will wanna marry you thing :tongue:
ah gaahhhhd :tongue:
but she changed her views aftr a few rishtae :cool::lol:
Original post by captainncc1701
Don't worry, more excuses for take out :biggrin:

:lol:
Reply 18
What's your favourite TV show
lmao! swear I cant type today :tongue: I meant to say no one will wanna marry you thing :tongue:
ah gaahhhhd :tongue:
but she changed her views aftr a few rishtae :cool::lol:

No I know what you're getting at. I never "got" the Asian mindset about that as it were..

I've never "got" that the guy HAS to be wealthy or educated/both, and the girl HAS to be really attractive, and can cook

It'slike sexism both ways...

Quick Reply