The Student Room Group

Angry!!! Brought for £180 selling for £90???!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, my bro was brought a NINTENDO 3DS XL , with three games included RRP £180... however he gets "headaches" when he plays. I wasnt able to return in to the major franchise i buyed it from as it was exempt from the 30day moneyback guaruntee. After visiting gameshops, i have found out im looking at tops £100 money back(non negotiable)... Im not sure what to do!!!... should i sell it on ebay???!!!!
Reply 1
I think the headaches are mainly caused in the 3D mode, I know thats the point of it being a 3DS but could he try and play in normal mode?
If not defiantly sell on eBay!
Original post by Alpha 3
Hi everyone, my bro was brought a NINTENDO 3DS XL , with three games included RRP £180... however he gets "headaches" when he plays. I wasnt able to return in to the major franchise i buyed it from as it was exempt from the 30day moneyback guaruntee. After visiting gameshops, i have found out im looking at tops £100 money back(non negotiable)... Im not sure what to do!!!... should i sell it on ebay???!!!!

Firstly, why does he get headaches? Maybe it's a problem which may need and could be corrected.

As for the game console... I would personally... keep it myself and give my bro the cash, or most of it! :biggrin: They are good fun! lol

Why is it that you aren't entitled to a refund? :frown:
If anyone knows about this stuff: is there any consumer law which states it can be returned?
Reply 3
Unless it was bought online, the general position is that there is no requirement for the retailer to refund goods if they are not faulty (it's actually to do with "merchantable quality" - but that's a bit deep). Refund policies are specific to the stores who provide them as a favour to the consumer.

If you get headaches from 3D, it's going to cost millions of pounds to try and demonstrate that it is a fault in the 3DS, rather than a particular sensitivity of the individual.

In layman's terms, if you buy something which is not faulty - unless the store has a refund policy, there is no reason why you should get a refund just because you want one.

Compare it to buying a wool sweater that you find itchy. Unless you buy it at a store with a no-questions-asked refund policy, the retailer does not have to take goods back because you find it itchy. Or rather, if you buy a prawn sandwich and then have an allergic reaction because you were unknowingly allergic to prawns - the shop does not have to refund you unless everyone in the world is allergic to prawns.

Apart from anything else, I am assuming from the language that you bought this at Argos. The exemption from returns policy would have been stated - and it's well known that computer games are usually excluded from these things.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending