The Student Room Group

HELP! Will I get into liverpool uni?

So basically I've recently sent my UCAS application off to apply to do Psychology at university. I've chosen Liverpool, Northumbria, Hull, Salford and Lincoln, however Liverpool is the dream one.

In my AS grades I got an A in psychology, a B in general studies, a C in English language and a D in chemistry. I HATE chemistry and I am resitting Chemistry and English Language.
My personal statement is very promising and shows I am very committed to Psychology. Liverpool ask for ABB and my predicted grades are ABBC, but because of my AS grades, I'm nervous they won't even make me an offer. Please help!
Original post by mrsmathers210
So basically I've recently sent my UCAS application off to apply to do Psychology at university. I've chosen Liverpool, Northumbria, Hull, Salford and Lincoln, however Liverpool is the dream one.

In my AS grades I got an A in psychology, a B in general studies, a C in English language and a D in chemistry. I HATE chemistry and I am resitting Chemistry and English Language.
My personal statement is very promising and shows I am very committed to Psychology. Liverpool ask for ABB and my predicted grades are ABBC, but because of my AS grades, I'm nervous they won't even make me an offer. Please help!

You stand a decent chance of getting an offer. Your predictions match the requirements and your AS grades are close to those predictions. The A being in a relevant subject might help balance out any negativity caused by possibly having to rely on General Studies.

FWIW Liverpool were in clearing for Psychology this year though not in 2013. Next year, who knows how well subscribed they will be?
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you'll get an offer.
Original post by ageshallnot
You stand a decent chance of getting an offer. Your predictions match the requirements and your AS grades are close to those predictions. The A being in a relevant subject might help balance out any negativity caused by possibly having to rely on General Studies.

FWIW Liverpool were in clearing for Psychology this year though not in 2013. Next year, who knows how well subscribed they will be?

Thank you so much this has made me feel much better!!! I never knew they was in clearing this year! Thank you for letting me know:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending