The Student Room Group

Teenagers who don't drink :)

Hey I'm one of those rarities - a teenager who doesn't drink. I just don't like the taste of alcohol. Why do people generally consider it to be weird. Anyone the same? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Same here. Dont drink and im not sociable. I laugh mostly at the 17 and unders on snapchat twitter etc showing off theyre drunk and with all yheir mates.. LOL no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meeeeeeeeee

Never really drank
Reply 3
Do you ever get any pressure to drink with like friends or considered weird because you don't? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't like the taste of alcohol either :five:
Reply 5
Joining this club. :smile:

EDIT: Just like to say, if you drink, fine. If you don't drink, fine. It's up to you. Don't generalise every teenager who doesn't drink into the 'no-friends, anti-social, loner, pretentious, uneducated' group. :smile: That's all.
(edited 9 years ago)
never drunk, don't intend to either! its personal choice.... i don't want a failed kidney before i graduate from med school.. if i do become a doctor i should set the example instead

fresh fruits and veggies yum yum :tongue:
I don't drink either and one of my new friends at uni asked me about it a while ago. When I told her I've never really drank, she was like "aww that's cute"... I find it a bit annoying when people say that haha but she didn't judge me or say it's weird. But I've known people younger than me who found it weird that I don't drink
Original post by bartonhollow
I don't drink either and one of my new friends at uni asked me about it a while ago. When I told her I've never really drank, she was like "aww that's cute"... I find it a bit annoying when people say that haha but she didn't judge me or say it's weird. But I've known people younger than me who found it weird that I don't drink

10 year old kid in my school drinks whiskey.. :redface:
Each to their own, but looking down on people who do drink is just as bad as people looking down on you guys, plus makes you seem annoying/pretentious *cough heavyhandscott cough*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paras Agarwal
10 year old kid in my school drinks whiskey.. :redface:

Oh god... Why am I not surprised though haha! I had a friend in the year below me at school who found it weird that I don't drink but she also said once that she "couldn't deal with being a virgin at 16"... I was like okay then..
me!!! :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah I think you have a point. I don't think it's pretentious if people don't want to drink cause they don't enjoy it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing wrong with drinking occasionally, just don't make it a habit.
Original post by Black Cat
Nothing wrong with drinking occasionally, just don't make it a habit.

drinking becomes a habit..trust me its just like smoking..becomes difficult to slow down or even stop later on..
Reply 16
Original post by AnnieFraz
Hey I'm one of those rarities - a teenager who doesn't drink. I just don't like the taste of alcohol. Why do people generally consider it to be weird. Anyone the same? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five:
drinking becomes a habit..trust me its just like smoking..becomes difficult to slow down or even stop later on..

Not for everyone, and it's nowhere near as addictive as smoking.
Original post by SophieSmall
Not for everyone, and it's nowhere near as addictive as smoking.

i guess people have different views.. im talking from what i have seen :smile:

Not necessarily depends on the individual. I drank a lot during freshers and stopped drinking completely just before my exams. You can control it, smoking however.....

Quick Reply

Latest