The Student Room Group

I jumped out of a plane once. Ask me anything!

And before anyone asks, I prefer DC over Marvel :cool:

Go!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why did you jump out of a plane once?
What are you studying?
What's your opinion on chemistry, physics, poetry and books?
Imperial or Oxford?
What's your opinion on marriage?
What are your interests?
Original post by Clip
Why did you jump out of a plane once?

Because I'm a skydiver.

Although I've only jumped once, it's something that I intend to continue doing.
you sound very YOLO... am i right ?

:beard:
superman or batman (there is a right answer btw)
Original post by inachigeek21
What are you studying?

Physics

What's your opinion on chemistry, physics, poetry and books?

I love the natural sciences. Chemistry's pretty cool, but physics is the more fundamental science, and it's my passion (hence I'm doing physics at uni). I don't read a lot of poetry, but I liked what I read during GCSE English :colondollar:. Books - love them. I don't have a lot of fiction books, but I like my non-fiction books; I'd never sell them.

Imperial or Oxford?

Oxford, because I'm not a fan of London.

What's your opinion on marriage?

I've never really thought about it tbh. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't like the idea of spending the rest of my life with a single person. I like meeting new people, so it would get pretty boring for me as time went by.

What are your interests?

Physics, philosophy, religion, skydiving, paint-ball, gaming and clubbing at times :smile:
Original post by the bear
you sound very YOLO... am i right ?

:beard:

I think you're right :tongue:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn

Go!

Marvel is so much better. Asides from batman, why do you think DC is better than Marvel?
Reply 9

Go!

Did you dieded?
Original post by Arithmeticae
superman or batman (there is a right answer btw)

Supes!
What made you start skydiving and why do you do it e.g. For the thrill of it?
Because I'm a skydiver.

Although I've only jumped once, it's something that I intend to continue doing.

I found a contradiction. :fyi:
Original post by Tillybop
Marvel is so much better. Asides from batman, why do you think DC is better than Marvel?

Because Marvel has way too many anti-heroes and wannabe 'dark' characters running about. Also, they're too limited and unimaginative in terms of story-telling. I like my fictional worlds to be full of Godly characters who still manage to be somewhat relatable to people like me.
Original post by Gax
Did you dieded?

Nahhh
Original post by saratheawesome
What made you start skydiving and why do you do it e.g. For the thrill of it?

I was checking out the various uni-societies I could join when I came across skydiving. I've never done anything 'risky' in my life, so I wanted to change that and try it out for teh lulz :biggrin:
Original post by Juichiro
I found a contradiction. :fyi:

Well, I'm a novice but technically, I'm still a skydiver.
I was checking out the various uni-societies I could join when I came across skydiving. I've never done anything 'risky' in my life, so I wanted to change that and try it out for teh lulz :biggrin:

Wow... Did you have doubts about joining e.g. I wanna live to see another day or were you just like ' Yep, that's exactly what I want to do'?
Original post by saratheawesome
Wow... Did you have doubts about joining e.g. I wanna live to see another day or were you just like ' Yep, that's exactly what I want to do'?

Skydiving is a pretty low-risk activity compared to, let's say driving. Before I got on the plane, there was a moment when I felt "This isn't a good idea" but once I was on the plane and in the air, I didn't have too much time to think about that, so I jumped without hesitating :biggrin:
Skydiving is a pretty low-risk activity compared to, let's say driving. Before I got on the plane, there was a moment when I felt "This isn't a good idea" but once I was on the plane and in the air, I didn't have too much time to think about that, so I jumped without hesitating :biggrin:

That's really awesome! I wish I was as brave as you 😩

Quick Reply