The Student Room Group

I am a salafi muslim. AMA!

If you are curious :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagical

Got a pretty loaded question for you

What do you think of Ebola and cremation from an Islamic POV (Considering that the dead with ebola are more dangerous than the living)

What is a Salafi Muslim?
What is a 'salafi Muslim' exactly?
And why are you a salafi Muslim?
Your opinion on philosophy and scientific progression?
Reply 4
Original post by de_monies
Got a pretty loaded question for you

What do you think of Ebola and cremation from an Islamic POV (Considering that the dead with ebola are more dangerous than the living)

Bury them very deep somewhere instead?
Reply 5
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
What is a Salafi Muslim?

We are not deviants or innovators. We believe in pure unedited Islam are against all forms of Bidah.

"The Salafi movement, also known as the Salafi methodology and the Salafist movement, is a movement or sect within Islam that takes its name from the term salaf ("predecessors", "ancestors") used to identify the earliest Muslims, who, its adherents believe, provide the epitome of Islamic practice."
Reply 6
Original post by inachigeek21
What is a 'salafi Muslim' exactly?
And why are you a salafi Muslim?
Your opinion on philosophy and scientific progression?

1) We are not deviants or innovators. We believe in pure unedited Islam are against all forms of Bidah.

"The Salafi movement, also known as the Salafi methodology and the Salafist movement, is a movement or sect within Islam that takes its name from the term salaf ("predecessors", "ancestors") used to identify the earliest Muslims, who, its adherents believe, provide the epitome of Islamic practice."

2) Because most other sects following Islam have deviated from the correct path.

3) I have no problems with philosophy or scientific progression. :smile:
What do you think of the guys over at salafitalk?
Reply 8
1) We are not deviants or innovators. We believe in pure unedited Islam are against all forms of Bidah.

2) Because most other sects following Islam have deviated from the correct path.

What do you mean :confused:
Reply 9
Original post by themorninglight
What do you think of the guys over at salafitalk?

I have never heard of it sorry, but I'm sure if they're truly Salafis then they are good muslims alhamdulilah.
1. Do you believe apostates should be stoned?
2. What is your view on gays?
3. What do you make of the actions of what are Salafi countries like Saudi Arabia?
4. Do you regard Western customs as sinful?
I have never heard of it sorry, but I'm sure if they're truly Salafis then they are good muslims alhamdulilah.

I'm not sure if I agree with you there. But it's good that you haven't heard of them, you should keep it that way.
Original post by Cherx
What do you mean :confused:

Other sections of believers have created things that are not supposed to/were never in Islam and have added them in.

E.g. Sufis etc.
is that like Sunni and Shiah ?
Bury them very deep somewhere instead?

It's more that the living are highly likely to get infected because of the whole Ghusl process (Dead people "bleed" a lot easier)

What is an innovation?!
Original post by tengentoppa
1. Do you believe apostates should be stoned?
2. What is your view on gays?
3. What do you make of the actions of what are Salafi countries like Saudi Arabia?
4. Do you regard Western customs as sinful?

2. I have no problem with gays as people, they're human beings. :smile:
3. They're very corrupt but to some extent they uphold Islamic laws, alhamdulilah.
4. Parts of it yes.
Original post by Al-farhan
What is an innovation?!

Lighting up a Masjid like a Christmas tree for one
Original post by the bear
is that like Sunni and Shiah ?

Sunni
But basically you believe the same as Shiahs ?

Quick Reply

Latest