The Student Room Group

Is it harder for older men to lose their virginity?

I think yes. Once a man has passed a certain age (usually around 18-19) it becomes harder to lose their virginity as they age because women prefer experienced men. It becomes a catch 22. An older man without sexual experience is seen as unappealing by women but the only way to get this experience is if a woman gives it to him.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Divine Hedgehog
I think yes. Once a man has passed a certain age (usually around 18-19) it becomes harder to lose their virginity as they age because women prefer experienced men. It becomes a catch 22. An older man without sexual experience is seen as unappealing by women but the only way to get this experience is if a woman gives it to him.

What do you think?

Some women will be put off whilst others wouldn't mind, it is that simple.
I guess for casual sex, what would be the point if it didn't feel good? Wasn't great?

But if an older virgin was to fall in love with a girl who also fell in love with him (personality, humour, character) then there would be little to no problem as far as I can see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
No but you will lose pick of the best girls at older ages.
Probably easier than an older woman would. :holmes:
Reply 5

What do you think?

A man past 18-19 is considered too old for virginity? I think not darling.
And it's not unappealing. He just hasnt had sex. That's all it means. Doesnt define anything else about him.
*edit* ohh i see, i misunderstood. You meant as he gets older from 19 onwards, yes? I guess if he wants to be with someone of the same age as him then some women might be surprised that he's a virgin.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Maid Marian
Probably easier than an older woman would. :holmes:

This, for certain.
Reply 7
These threads are so depressing... #foreveralone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orangem00ns
I guess for casual sex, what would be the point if it didn't feel good? Wasn't great?

But if an older virgin was to fall in love with a girl who also fell in love with him (personality, humour, character) then there would be little to no problem as far as I can see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love does not come that quickly. Unless someone is a no-sex-before-marriage type then they will be dating for a little while before falling in love. But a woman wont end up falling in love with a man who she didn't date in the first place because him being a virgin is a turn off.

What do you think?

I think I can give some input as I lost my virginity (I'm a guy) just weeks short of my 25th birthday.

It isn't necessarily the virginity that's the issue, I think its the general lack of experience and skills around women (which I'm developing but are still lacking) that holds you back. You won't know how to ask a girl out, you'll say awkward or stupid things on dates/in messages, you won't get her hints, you won't know when is the right time to hold her hand or go for a kiss. It's all of those things that collectively hold an older inexperienced guy back.

The very first girl I dated did say that my inexperience (obviously she didn't know about my virginity until later when I admitted it) was a big turn off for her. My first ever gf said a similar thing how my inexperience made her cringe multiple times and how she was generally attracted to experienced guys.

The thing is that the older you get, the more experience an "average" guy would/is expected to have. As such the skills gap (womanizing skills) widens as you age. It is by no means impossible to catch up later, but it does mean that you have a lot of learning to do.

What do you think?

Maybe if men go around telling women they are virgins for no apparent reason. Otherwise no, how on earth would women know unless someone was majorly inept when it came to the act itself?
I hate these threads.
I'd actually find it attractive that he didn't just sleep around/waited for something meaningful. And doing something with someone for the first time is special, I'd find general inexperience cute. (I'm 20, and there are plenty of girls with similar attitudes out there.)
Original post by joker12345
I'd actually find it attractive that he didn't just sleep around/waited for something meaningful. And doing something with someone for the first time is special, I'd find general inexperience cute. (I'm 20, and there are plenty of girls with similar attitudes out there.)

"Waited"? That is a joke to most over 20 year old male virgins.

99% of them (and until rather recently, me too) aren't waiting around for anything. They'd love to sleep around but the problem is that due to social isolation, lack of skills or whatever other factors, they are unable to find a mate. It's called involuntary celibacy: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Involuntary_celibacy
Original post by Anonymous
"Waited"? That is a joke to most over 20 year old male virgins.

99% of them (and until rather recently, me too) aren't waiting around for anything. They'd love to sleep around but the problem is that due to social isolation, lack of skills or whatever other factors, they are unable to find a mate. It's called involuntary celibacy: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Involuntary_celibacy

My first boyfriend really had 'waited' - he'd had a girlfriend before but he'd never been that sure about her, so they only kissed and he didn't take it further. And this was at the age of 18 so it wasn't a kiddish relationship.
Anyway, I'd add that this desperate attitude won't get you anywhere. Respect to a guy who genuinely waited for something meaningful, but if you're desperate for a hookup you won't be attractive. Respect yourself, stop obsessing over it and then when you meet the right girl she'll respect that. My boyfriend's sort of attitude was a turn on, but yours certainly isn't.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I hate these threads.

Why?
Original post by ThreadPoster
Why?

I'm 22 and have never had any kind of relationship and I'm just getting older and more unconfident as time goes on. TO add to that I've seen women on here say they wouldn't want to have sex with a virgin and in one case she was about to have sex with a guy and then backed out as soon as she found out he was a virgin. Young to people saying the longer you wait the more of the good ones will be taken. It's not exactly inspiring.

The general trend with my life so far is that I'm not growing as a person I'm just becoming more unconfident as I get older and feel like I am falling behind whilst everyone else is growing up and it only gets worse. It's depressing and upsetting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
I don't understand why you just wouldn't tell the woman until after.
A 22 yo is not an "older man".
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I hate these threads.

Probably shouldn't click on and read them then.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending