The Student Room Group

I think I have a problem...

When something good comes into my life, like friends, girlfriends, money and opportunities, I deny myself of them. When I meet new people, the first few weeks are great, but then I like to destroy any relationship by ignoring them, making them think I am disinterested in them. I had a girlfriend, who would always text me if I was feeling low, but I manipulated her, used her, and eventually left her feeling like a cheap prostitute.

I like to break things in my life, and make people feel sorry for me, even if it is my own fault, I blame others and ensnare their attention, where I leech off their social status. My friend and I went out for lunch at this nice restaurant, but I slowly turned any optimism we had into pessimism through my negative outlook and lack of motivation.

Most of my friends exclude me from social events because when I go to them, I like to be the center of attention, get drunk, then act like a child. I do very odd things you wouldn't expect, like turn up for a party, then go upstairs and have a shower, and go to bed, because I like the thought of the people downstairs thinking about me, questioning if there is something wrong with me. I sit down in a deep melancholy where I think about nothing and my body becomes very sensitive to touch ...

I used to give my parents worry and grief, whether intentional, I don't know, but I would go to an airport or bus station and tell them that I was about to run away. Then, I would have them worry for hours, while I enjoyed the attention, but equally, I felt very guilty. It was the guilt I liked, I think.

Weird... :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by The PM's guilt
When something good comes into my life, like friends, girlfriends, money and opportunities, I deny myself of them. When I meet new people, the first few weeks are great, but then I like to destroy any relationship by ignoring them, making them think I am disinterested in them. I had a girlfriend, who would always text me if I was feeling low, but I manipulated her, used her, and eventually left her feeling like a cheap prostitute.

I like to break things in my life, and make people feel sorry for me, even if it is my own fault, I blame others and ensnare their attention, where I leech off their social status. My friend and I went out for lunch at this nice restaurant, but I slowly turned any optimism we had into pessimism through my negative outlook and lack of motivation.

Most of my friends exclude me from social events because when I go to them, I like to be the center of attention, get drunk, then act like a child. I do very odd things you wouldn't expect, like turn up for a party, then go upstairs and have a shower, and go to bed, because I like the thought of the people downstairs thinking about me, questioning if there is something wrong with me. I sit down in a deep melancholy where I think about nothing and my body becomes very sensitive to touch ...

Weird... :s-smilie:

I find the last paragraph fascinating
Original post by Pomum96
I find the last paragraph fascinating

Really? Fascinating in what way? :frown:
Reply 3

Because.....You take showers at parties. Hahahaha i nearly wrote you take parties at showers.
Reply 4

Dont be sad darling
Original post by Pomum96
Because.....You take showers at parties. Hahahaha i nearly wrote you take parties at showers.

Lol. Well I would only take a shower at a party if I was a girl who had been rammed with dick. That would be considered normal. For me, however, it is very strange...
Reply 6
Lol. Well I would only take a shower at a party if I was a girl who had been rammed with dick. That would be considered normal. For me, however, it is very strange...

So you dont take showers at parties?
Dont do this to me babe
Firstly, learn to use commas. Secondly, forgot you was such a g-man that you showered at a party #thuglyfe. Finally, you remind of the joker on the dark knight film.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pomum96
So you dont take showers at parties?
Dont do this to me babe

Are you being rude? :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Are you being rude? :s-smilie:

What? No, i am confused about whether or not you take showers at parties.
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Firstly, learn to use commas. Secondly, forgot you was such a g-man that you showered at a party #thuglyfe. Finally, you remind of the joker on the dark knight film.

So he did actually shower at a party? Someone help
Original post by Pomum96

Taking a shower after the party is pretty smart actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sound pretty awful, but don't worry, you have all the time in the world to turn over a new leaf, all green and shiny :h:
Original post by Yeah dude
Taking a shower after the party is pretty smart actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

But he has them during the party. Doesnt he? Im hurting now.
Original post by Pomum96
But he has them during the party. Doesnt he? Im hurting now.

Well yeah, you say you are hurting but having a shower during the party would be like putting a giraffe on an ice rink

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like you're an attention seeker with a slight victim outlook on life.

Then again, I'm just another pseudo-intellectual like 99.99% of others on this forum so what do I know?
Well yeah, you say you are hurting but having a shower during the party would be like putting a giraffe on an ice rink

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you doing this
Original post by Pomum96
Why are you doing this

What? What am I doing wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeedCanKill
Sounds like you're an attention seeker with a slight victim outlook on life.

Then again, I'm just another pseudo-intellectual like 99.99% of others on this forum so what do I know?

I think you're probably right. :wink:
What? What am I doing wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooooooooooo

Quick Reply