The Student Room Group

Is/has anyone taken GCSE Astronomy?

At my sixth form(which I hope to go to next year), they allow you to take GCSE Astronomy as an extra subject. I am really interested in taking it and I checked the specification and to me it looks fairly easy. If you have taken it, is it easy or quite difficult?
I would be taking it along side A-Level biology, chemistry, psychology and english literature, so I hope it wouldn't be too much.
Thank you in advanced.
I didn't even know this GCSE existed, learning new things everyday :smile:
Original post by quinoa
At my sixth form(which I hope to go to next year), they allow you to take GCSE Astronomy as an extra subject. I am really interested in taking it and I checked the specification and to me it looks fairly easy. If you have taken it, is it easy or quite difficult?
I would be taking it along side A-Level biology, chemistry, psychology and english literature, so I hope it wouldn't be too much.
Thank you in advanced.

Hi! I'm in Year 13, and am self teaching it :smile: At our school they've started offering it as an enrichment for G&T Year 9s, so it's not particularly difficult. There's just a lot to remember, and everyone's always pushed for time because no one properly timetables it!
I've literally just started it (as in two hours ago) and I'm just doing some background at the moment, but I think I can cover half the course by the end of tomorrow
it's just coursework that's a pain but if you're being taught then it's absolutely fine!

really enjoying it so far :tongue:
Reply 3
I know someone that did it, their average grades were B's and they got an A*!
I'm taking it after school.

It's very difficult, as there is tonnes of info to remember and the coursework is independent.

If you PM me your email I can send you an introductory powerpoint made by my teacher :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest