The Student Room Group

Just went through an interview, how can you tell if you did well?

Any signs that you might have a chance?
It's always difficult, and in some cases it's completely impossible to tell.

However, having had quite a few job interviews in my time, perhaps the most reliable measure is whether I enjoyed myself in the interview. If I did enjoy myself I invariably find that I did quite well, and in most cases I've been offered the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you get a call/letter saying you have the job.
It's very hard to tell. My advice is don't speculate until you've been told you have the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelienine
Any signs that you might have a chance?

I think the best thing you can do is just to try to leave it. Ultimately, there isn't any sure-fire way of knowing how well you did and you're just going to make yourself go crazy to try to second guess it.
I once went into a interview with my fly open and told them I wanted flexible hours due to playing for a football team. I knew I had fked up when they stopped smiling after every question and they didn't seem to listen to my replies.

I still can't believe how I approached that interview, then again I was 15 so I guess my naivety is sort of excused, well not really but saying that makes me feel better .
Reply 6
Original post by Rectifydude
I once went into a interview with my fly open and told them I wanted flexible hours due to playing for a football team. I knew I had fked up when they stopped smiling after every question and they didn't seem to listen to my replies.

I still can't believe how I approached that interview, then again I was 15 so I guess my naivety is sort of excused, well not really but saying that makes me feel better .

When'd you realise >_<
I have walked out of job interviews fairly confident and not got the job, you can never be sure whether you have done well.
Original post by Cherx
When'd you realise >_<

When did I realise my fly was open? There were two interviewers, one was a middle aged guy and the other a pretty attractive mid teen woman, around 3 minutes in the woman looked at my crotch and smiled to herself before looking away, I caught her in the act and felt quite pleased. Only after the interview was over and I had left did I realise my fly was undone. Not good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending