The Student Room Group

who's got half term revision classes?

I know 3/7 of my half term days are going to involve going to school to do revision classes. So is anyone here in the same boat as me? Oh and if there's anyone reading this who goes to a really good comprehensive or grammar, do you guys still have these half term classes or are your teachers so good that you can 'succeed' with what you learned in term time?
Anyways, how have your holidays been so far? Good, I hope.
That is tragic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck . . . Are they compulsory? What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mok2k14
I know 3/7 of my half term days are going to involve going to school to do revision classes. So is anyone here in the same boat as me? Oh and if there's anyone reading this who goes to a really good comprehensive or grammar, do you guys still have these half term classes or are your teachers so good that you can 'succeed' with what you learned in term time?
Anyways, how have your holidays been so far? Good, I hope.

I go to a very good independent school - no revision classes. The teaching is good enough during term time that we don't really need to revise yet. Also, we take both the AS and the A2 exams next year. So, no one in my year group is stressing about AS Levels yet (not even for Drama where the AS is pretty much 100% coursework so we DO actually do the AS this year).

Are people getting stressed about exams this early into the year?
I wish. This sounds amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danconway
I go to a very good independent school - no revision classes. The teaching is good enough during term time that we don't really need to revise yet. Also, we take both the AS and the A2 exams next year. So, no one in my year group is stressing about AS Levels yet (not even for Drama where the AS is pretty much 100% coursework so we DO actually do the AS this year).

Are people getting stressed about exams this early into the year?

How come you do AS and A2 exams next year?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
How come you do AS and A2 exams next year?

It's just what our school does. Judging by results it seems to work (but our school might ordinarily get good results anyway so I dunno). It just takes the pressure off us this year and saves the motherload of revision for next year.

Quick Reply

Latest