The Student Room Group

feeling trapped in relationships

I am 17 years old.. and i have had about 3 serious relationships, at first (like in the first month of the relationship ) i feel like i am on top of the world! .. then after the month, i start to feel trapped in the relationship. And i feel like i want to be out the relationship even though there is nothing wrong with it....
I had a bad experience with a relationship, in which the guy i broke up with, broke down in tears and begged me to get bk with him...it was heart breaking to see, but the relationship wasn't working because we wanted different things..
Has anyone been in this situation?
And is there anything i can do to stop me feeling like i dont want to be in this relationship
Thanks X
Reply 1
I'm in that situation right now. I had planned the break up perfectly, and then I was brainwashed into continuing the relationship, and so can't break up with her again just yet.
Reply 2
well i dont really want to break up with him.. but i am just scared of being trapped.. and the further i get into the relationship the more trapped i feel...

Y is it like this?!
Really confused...
Maybe your not ready for a relationship, afterall your only 17, there is no rush.
Reply 4
maybe... but how am i supposed to break it off with him.. because i am pretrified that he is going to react like my other ex did.. and that really did mess me up completly..
Reply 5
If you're happy then don't worry about it.
If you want to dump him then it's your right; if it's what you want then don't feel guilty.
Anonymous
maybe... but how am i supposed to break it off with him.. because i am pretrified that he is going to react like my other ex did.. and that really did mess me up completly..

the longer you leave it, the worse it will probably be
Try being single for a while. You need to take time to re-evaluate what it exactly that you seek from your relationships
Reply 8
Merovingian
I'm in that situation right now. I had planned the break up perfectly, and then I was brainwashed into continuing the relationship, and so can't break up with her again just yet.

I used to do this all the time, until I finally learned that guilt does NOT equal still having feelings for someone...

OP, I'm kind of similar to you. I'm hoping it's something we'll grow out of eventually, particularly if we meet someone special!
How can you have 3 'serious relationships' by the time your 17? How can they be 'serious' if you break up with them after a month?
clingy guys suck. its not fair on either of you to carry on a one sided relationship, break it off.
you really care about him but feel suffocated? have moments of really enjoying his company but are then overwhelmed by his needy, clingy ickyness? yeah been there...i suggest if u want to make the relationship work, you discuss this with him....its the only way really
or alternatively, take up a career as a maneater :P:
Reply 12
Carl1982
Maybe your not ready for a relationship, afterall your only 17, there is no rush.
:mad:

:p:
Reply 13
Stop going out with clingy emos.
anjurdsg
:mad:

:p:

lol what was that about :p:
Reply 15
It seems to me that your getting into relationships with clingy guys. For the first month you love the attention but after a while it get's old and you start to lose attraction for the guy your with.

Just keep going out and having fun, you don't have to get into a relationship straight away, casually date guys first to see what they are like and then let it progress to being exlcusive.
Reply 16
Mr.God
Stop going out with clingy emos.

Lol!
I get that too. I had a really really clingy one where we got too serious too soon, then I realised I didn't want anything from the relationship, but due to emotional blackmail, they were extremely hard to get rid of.
Now it ruins my view on relationships and I am constantly thinking of ways to run away from my current one. Even though the guy is extremely nice and I trust him, I don't really know if I'm in love.
Reply 18
Had clingy and manipulative men before, not much fun at all.
Get shot now, spend some time enjoying being single, contrary to popular belief relationships are not the be all and end all of life.
If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending