The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

IMPERIAL Collage Vs TORONTO for chemical eng. PhD- International student

Hi guys

I am thinking very hard to apply to imperial collage or not. I am seriously concerned about the job prospects or at least stay in the UK for few years after my Graduation. I also have UT Austin and NUS as a option, But I would never go there as ICL and UofT are better schools.

Please let me know your valuable thoughts and my main aim is to get into a big reputed school and quality education/research apart from getting a decent job!

Note- I am not a EU/UK/US/Can citizen

Thanks
Reply 1
Graduating from Imperial or Oxbridge increases your chance of landing a job in the UK, but it's no guarantee. The government tightened up the visa application for companies in the UK so you will need to stand above the rest of the EU / UK applicants, or you need to find a large company to sponsor you.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Thanks
bro don't make a mistake of writing imperial collage on your personal statement.
Reply 4
Original post by Costanzas
bro don't make a mistake of writing imperial collage on your personal statement.

Thank you. But, why? When you look closely into the stats, Imp has got a better ranking for engineering!
Regards
Original post by Costanzas

LOL!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What do u think? Uoft or icl
Original post by LordChemE
What do u think? Uoft or icl

I feel you should apply to both first, and wait for the outcome.
If you're thinking of getting some 'easy' and 'unrestricted' work experience after graduation, then the University of Toronto is your call.
By QS rankings for 2015, Imperial is the joint 2nd best school in the world. If you have interest in that prestige, then Imperial is for you.

In my opinion, just take some time out to figure out what exactly you want with your intended degree.

All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Students don't have any special tax status in Canada.
Reply 9
Thanks
You'll get in everywhere you apply.QUOTE=LordChemE;51904747]What do u think? Uoft or icl
Reply 11
Haha...I understand the sarcasm.. I am just thinking positive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending