The Student Room Group

Medical Sciences Exeter University 2015 Entry

So who's applied here? :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied a week and a half ago! Got an acknowledgement but no offer yet :/ you applying for a particular pathway? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dan205
I applied a week and a half ago! Got an acknowledgement but no offer yet :/ you applying for a particular pathway? :smile:

sorry buddy only just seen your comment!
yeah, I'm a medicine re-applicant and this is my 5th choice - if i don't get a place again this year I'm going to accept my offer for here (if i get one obvs!!) and try and transfer. I love the uni and course so if i can't transfer at least i will enjoy what I'm doing and like the place I'm at :colone:

Same! i got the acknowledgement to (and the postcard thing [very cute] but haven't heard since!
Are you applying for a particular pathway? :colondollar:
Reply 3
Yeah, I'm applying for genetics and genomics :smile:
Reply 4
Im applying for medical sciences (pharmacology). Ive only been given an acknowledgement and the postcard.
Reply 5
Original post by ASIEDUP
Im applying for medical sciences (pharmacology). Ive only been given an acknowledgement and the postcard.

Yeahh same here on the lack of offers front :/ how long ago did you apply?
Reply 6
Original post by Dan205
Yeahh same here on the lack of offers front :/ how long ago did you apply?

I applied on the 17th of October. What about you? What other Unis did you apply to?
Reply 7
Original post by ASIEDUP
I applied on the 17th of October. What about you? What other Unis did you apply to?

About the same time I think :smile: Birmingham, Liverpool, brunel and Nottingham (for which my offer is BB , cause I got an A in a2 last year), how bout you?
Reply 8
Original post by Dan205
About the same time I think :smile: Birmingham, Liverpool, brunel and Nottingham (for which my offer is BB , cause I got an A in a2 last year), how bout you?

Cool! I applied to UCL, KCL (offer), Bath (offer), and Bristol (offer).
Reply 9
Original post by ASIEDUP
Cool! I applied to UCL, KCL (offer), Bath (offer), and Bristol (offer).

Nice choices!Which is your favourite at the mo?
Reply 10
Original post by Dan205
Nice choices!Which is your favourite at the mo?

UCL is my favourite :smile: Just hoping that they will give me an offer. Which is your favourite?
Reply 11
Original post by ASIEDUP
UCL is my favourite :smile: Just hoping that they will give me an offer. Which is your favourite?

Hmmm dunno, probably Nottingham right now as they've given me an offer hahaha,but really they're all joint,with brunel maybe slightly lower down than the rest :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Dan205
Hmmm dunno, probably Nottingham right now as they've given me an offer hahaha,but really they're all joint,with brunel maybe slightly lower down than the rest :smile:

Ahhhh ok cool! and Congrats on your offer from nottingham!!
Reply 13
Anyone got an offer yet?
Reply 14
Original post by Jimbob995
Anyone got an offer yet?

Unfortunately not :/ got 3/5 offers back though,just waiting on Liverpool and Exeter!
Reply 15
Original post by Dan205
Unfortunately not :/ got 3/5 offers back though,just waiting on Liverpool and Exeter!

Cool, well done on your offers buddy! I want them to hurry up and let us know their decision. Which unis your top choice? :smile:
Reply 16
Cool, well done on your offers buddy! I want them to hurry up and let us know their decision. Which unis your top choice? :smile:

Since offers have come through, I'm thinking Nottingham,as they have me an offer of ABB ( bearing in mind I already have the A from an early a level lat year) for an MSci in human genetics, where the standard offer is usually AAB :biggrin: Birmingham gave me AAA so I'm dubious about accepting them, and brunel gave me ABB which I'm meh about as it's the standard offer. It'll all depends on what the final two offer though! What's your favourite at the mo?
(sorry for the paragraph reply haha :tongue: )
Reply 17
Original post by Dan205
Since offers have come through, I'm thinking Nottingham,as they have me an offer of ABB ( bearing in mind I already have the A from an early a level lat year) for an MSci in human genetics, where the standard offer is usually AAB :biggrin: Birmingham gave me AAA so I'm dubious about accepting them, and brunel gave me ABB which I'm meh about as it's the standard offer. It'll all depends on what the final two offer though! What's your favourite at the mo?
(sorry for the paragraph reply haha :tongue: )

No probs, I'm applying to Medicine so this is my 5th choice at the moment, I really like Exeter and i'd be really happy if I ended up going if I don't get into my med schools :smile: I've applied to Cardiff, Kings EMDP, BSMS, UEA and here haha, tbh I'd be happy going to any of them, although maybe not kings as I'm from London so want a change of scenery!
Reply 18
No probs, I'm applying to Medicine so this is my 5th choice at the moment, I really like Exeter and i'd be really happy if I ended up going if I don't get into my med schools :smile: I've applied to Cardiff, Kings EMDP, BSMS, UEA and here haha, tbh I'd be happy going to any of them, although maybe not kings as I'm from London so want a change of scenery!

Nice choices :smile: Yeahh Exeter looks lovely! That was my one concern about going to brunel - if I decided I didn't like life in London then I'd be screwed hahaha
sorry buddy only just seen your comment!
yeah, I'm a medicine re-applicant and this is my 5th choice - if i don't get a place again this year I'm going to accept my offer for here (if i get one obvs!!) and try and transfer. I love the uni and course so if i can't transfer at least i will enjoy what I'm doing and like the place I'm at :colone:

Same! i got the acknowledgement to (and the postcard thing [very cute] but haven't heard since!
Are you applying for a particular pathway? :colondollar:

SNAP. Exactly the same as my plan :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending