The Student Room Group

How many weeks do you rent a student accommodation room for? (1st yr)

I'd assume that you'd use the room during the Summer as well? Or does the contract usually end after the school year?
Original post by Leking9
I'd assume that you'd use the room during the Summer as well? Or does the contract usually end after the school year?

Mine is around 42 weeks, and no I won't be here during the summer :biggrin:

But for student halls provided by uni they have a system of flexible renting, so you can stay there for 53 weeks (which would include the summer)
Reply 2
Original post by R Dragon
Mine is around 42 weeks, and no I won't be here during the summer :biggrin:

But for student halls provided by uni they have a system of flexible renting, so you can stay there for 53 weeks (which would include the summer)

So after the 42 weeks, are you going to move all your stuff back home? That would be a lot of hassle lol, especially if you study quite far away from home.
Original post by Leking9
So after the 42 weeks, are you going to move all your stuff back home? That would be a lot of hassle lol, especially if you study quite far away from home.

Yeah, my family lives in London and I go to uni in Scotland, so after 42 weeks I'll have to move back :3

But I think it's a good thing because I'd want to spend a lot of time with my family~
It really depends on what uni and what halls.
Some you rent the room for the whole academic year (so roughly september / october to june / july), some you also have to move out during holidays (so xmas and easter) and some are for the whole year.
Reply 5
It depends on the Uni, and sometimes even down to certain halls.

Pretty sure mine was for 39 weeks, but my specific hall required students to move out at Christmas and Easter if requested with rent for those periods reimbursed if they were holding events.
Original post by Leking9

Most undergraduate halls licences are for 38-43 weeks, so September-June/July. Some don't include Christmas and Easter holidays. In many cities the house contract for 2nd year would start on the 1st July so this saves students paying double rent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending