The Student Room Group

I can't hack AS-Levels? :/

Scroll to see replies

lol, tbh, I don't regret the decisions I made, just the ones I never made.

Go for it and get good A-levels :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by totoro1997
Hi! If this helps when I did as level history, my first essay was also a grade D. I had a rubbish history teacher who didn't mark my essays or taught me how to structure them so when i did my mocks in january, i got a grade E. I ended up self teaching as she couldn't be bothered to teach me anymore. In the end, i managed to get a grade A and recently sent my applicatiin to Oxford so don't be too worried about your first essay. If you work hard, you'll make it! My advice when doing essays is to follow the PEE structure and make sure you argue throughout it. Eg if the question was assess the reasons why Stalin rose to power, you would say in the beginning which reason is the most important and throughout the essay you would explain why the reason is more important than the other ones. If you want to have a look at one of my grade a essay, let me know! Hope this helps! :smile:

It does help, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have had History issues! As much as I really do want to see what an A grade response looks like, I think it's best I learn the hard way and thanks for the PEE advice :smile:
Reply 22
Hi! If this helps when I did as level history, my first essay was also a grade D. I had a rubbish history teacher who didn't mark my essays or taught me how to structure them so when i did my mocks in january, i got a grade E. I ended up self teaching as she couldn't be bothered to teach me anymore. In the end, i managed to get a grade A and recently sent my applicatiin to Oxford so don't be too worried about your first essay. If you work hard, you'll make it! My advice when doing essays is to follow the PEE structure and make sure you argue throughout it. Eg if the question was assess the reasons why Stalin rose to power, you would say in the beginning which reason is the most important and throughout the essay you would explain why the reason is more important than the other ones. If you want to have a look at one of my grade a essay, let me know! Hope this helps! :smile:

I'm really sorry but on second thoughts, could I please have a look at your essay cos I'm worried that it'll be a long time before the penny finally drops...thank you :biggrin:
Reply 23
That history essay in which I thought I got a D...turns out it was a B but had been added up wrong :smile: I'm just so so happy and relieved because I did AS History last year and it would have been really bad for me to have learnt nothing in all that time. I don't think it's normal for me to be this happy over it, but I am! :smile::smile:
Reply 24
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
x

Original post by Tarte Tatin
x.

Original post by shot2daballs
x

Original post by paradoxicalme
x.

Original post by anunoriginaluser
x

Original post by Uosaf
x

x

Hey guys! I know this thread was ages ago but oh well...Thank you for your support, I hope that you've all got what you wanted, or at least have a sense of where you're going, results aren't everything :smile:

As an update, I did it and got straight As in the end, thanks for helping me!
Original post by jess_x
hey guys! I know this thread was ages ago but oh well...thank you for your support, i hope that you've all got what you wanted, or at least have a sense of where you're going, results aren't everything :smile:

as an update, i did it and got straight as in the end, thanks for helping me!

congratulations!!!
Original post by Jess_x
Hey guys! I know this thread was ages ago but oh well...Thank you for your support, I hope that you've all got what you wanted, or at least have a sense of where you're going, results aren't everything :smile:

As an update, I did it and got straight As in the end, thanks for helping me!

Glad to hear! Good luck to you!
Reply 27
Original post by anunoriginaluser
Glad to hear! Good luck to you!

And you!

Quick Reply

Latest