The Student Room Group

Medicine related EPQ?

Has anyone out there done (or are doing) a medicine related EPQ? If so, how useful do you think it was for medical entry? Was it too time consuming? Did you talk about it in your interview?
I'm still deciding if doing one is worth it
I did an EPQ on dreaming, and it was fun, despite the time constraints and stress. It would definately help at interview stages when talking about extending your work beyond A level and also helps your organisation skills! Do it!

Evidence: I got an A* on my EPQ and reapplying for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
I did an EPQ on dreaming, and it was fun, despite the time constraints and stress. It would definately help at interview stages when talking about extending your work beyond A level and also helps your organisation skills! Do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an awesome topic, and congrats on the A*! I'm thinking I will continue with it.. :smile:
How much space did you spend in your personal statement on the EPQ?
Original post by misstac
That's an awesome topic, and congrats on the A*! I'm thinking I will continue with it.. :smile:
How much space did you spend in your personal statement on the EPQ?

Thanks! The biggest motivator for EPQ is doing a topic that you enjoy, in my opinion.

I wrote about a sentence, something that I should have extended to be fair(I kept my personal statement very similar to last year when I didn't really do much on my EPQ when I applied). However I can talk about it at my interview (If I get any :colondollar: )

Yeah the earlier you start working on your EPQ, the more you can write on your personal statement and the more you can talk about it at interview.
I did an EPQ on dentistry, but yeah I agree on the previous post, it helped soooo much with my interviews, so easy to talk about something you've worked on so much and something you're so passionate about~
Reply 5
Original post by R Dragon
I did an EPQ on dentistry, but yeah I agree on the previous post, it helped soooo much with my interviews, so easy to talk about something you've worked on so much and something you're so passionate about~

How did you find managing your time in the summer after Y12 between EPQ, UKCAT practice and work experience etc?
I'm a bit worried that taking on the EPQ will be too much
Original post by misstac
How did you find managing your time in the summer after Y12 between EPQ, UKCAT practice and work experience etc?
I'm a bit worried that taking on the EPQ will be too much

Honestly EPQ is really easy (because it's so enjoyable!!) Well that was the case for me :3 I was lazy, complacent and I didn't know how to start my first paragraph, so I had to juggle my EPQ at the start of year 13 which was at the same time I did my UKCAT (02/10/2013)

But it worked out in the end, I prioritised my UKCAT obviously, and in the end I got 685.5 and an A in my EPQ and now I'm studying dentistry at the University of Dundee~

So, no it won't be too much I assure you :smile:
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I know this is quite an old post but I was actually considering dreaming as a topic idea for my EPQ, could you explain to me what you did exactly/ what your title was?
Thanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by indigobluesss

Hi do you think it is possible for you to send me your EPQ to read? I am doing mine on medicine and gene therapy. I just wanted to read through your one so i can understand how a successful candidate has structured his/her and the expected standard the examiners expect.

Thanks
JF1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending