The Student Room Group

Economics at Bristol

I was wondering whether I could get an offer from Bristol for economics if my predicted grades were one off the entry requirement. I also have an extenuating circumstance. Do you think it's worth applying?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Apply for a softer course within the EFIM school, like economics and management, then switch over once you've got in. It's dead easy to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Classical Liberal
Apply for a softer course within the EFIM school, like economics and management, then switch over once you've got in. It's dead easy to do.

Is economics and management easier to get into then straight economics? Also can I use my economics personal statement for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dahir123
Is economics and management easier to get into then straight economics? Also can I use my economics personal statement for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say economics and management is a softer course - quite a few of the people who couldn't hack straight economics have ended up on this course.

I think you can probably use an economics statement for it, particularly as first year is essentially just economics. Maybe throw in why you find management interesting briefly.
Reply 4
I would say economics and management is a softer course - quite a few of the people who couldn't hack straight economics have ended up on this course.

I think you can probably use an economics statement for it, particularly as first year is essentially just economics. Maybe throw in why you find management interesting briefly.

Should I do to separate ps and include a little on management on that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I do to separate ps and include a little on management on that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only get one personal statement. I'd just make a very brief reference to management and why you're interested.
Reply 6
You only get one personal statement. I'd just make a very brief reference to management and why you're interested.

Alright I will do and do you know if employers value economics and management the same as straight economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright I will do and do you know if employers value economics and management the same as straight economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think many people will be able to tell the difference or even care if they knew.
Reply 8

If by "softer" you mean less mathematically difficult, sure. It doesn't however make it a less competitive course from the outset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending