The Student Room Group

Help me i don't know what to do

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z33
Okay basically I'm in year 12 studying Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computing. My plan is to pick up Maths AS next year if I'm doing really well.

My problem is this:
I'm aiming for medicine (obviously).
My GCSEs were quite average
My predicted grades for end of year 12 are 'bbbb'
So now I'm scared I might not make it into medicine(:frown:). What else can i do with my A- levels?

BTW if you need to know my GCSEs were:

A* in ICT
A in core science
A* in additional
A in further additional
A in spanish
B in RS
B in Maths
B in English language
C in english literature
C in history
C in geography

What else do you enjoy? Which subjects do you study now do you enjoy the most? :smile:
- Year 12 predictions aren't worth the pixels they occupy on a screen. I was predicted BBCC, and a friend of mine was predicted AAAA. We got the same AS grades.
- You can do basically any Biology/Chemistry based degree. Physics/Computer Science is a little harder without a full A-level in Maths, but still possible at certain universities.
Reply 3
(edited 7 years ago)
Xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by z33
Thanks
Hopefully I can surpass my predicted grades.
Also would computer science or physics be possible with maths AS only? (I'm considering picking it up next year if things are going well and if it's worth it.)

You would be in a better position to do CS or Physics with an AS in maths than without it, but this is really research you'd need to do yourself.
Original post by loperdoper
You would be in a better position to do CS or Physics with an AS in maths than without it, but this is really research you'd need to do yourself.

By making a thread on a forum he is doing research himself... That's what this website is for.
Original post by anonwinner
By making a thread on a forum he is doing research himself... That's what this website is for.

I'm not about to spend two/three hours on UCAS search/whatuni/unistats looking up course requirements for them. OP can post a thread here, but will need to take some matters into their own hands and do some work themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest