The Student Room Group

Transferring to Medicine

Due to personal circumstances I was forced to leave high school during my 5th year studies so I never got the chance to finish my highers and gain qualifications that could get me into Medical school.

2 years later I am repeating the classes that didn’t get a chance to complete before (excluding one, philosophy). Although I am expected great results they are however not enough to study medicine. Seeing as I noticed this early on I have been looking for alternative routes that will eventually able me to study medicine.

One of these alternative routes is by completing biomedical during first year at university and transferring to medicine as long as I have exceptionally well results.

After spending many many hours online and finding nothing I am wondering a few things; which universities offer the choice of switching courses? Which grades would I need after my first year of biomedical to make this switch?
Most places wont accept transfers onto medicine because they have enough people who got the grades the traditional way, and usually turn down loads of equally good applicants aswell. You could look into graduate medicine though?
Original post by williamadamson2
Due to personal circumstances I was forced to leave high school during my 5th year studies so I never got the chance to finish my highers and gain qualifications that could get me into Medical school.

2 years later I am repeating the classes that didn’t get a chance to complete before (excluding one, philosophy). Although I am expected great results they are however not enough to study medicine. Seeing as I noticed this early on I have been looking for alternative routes that will eventually able me to study medicine.

One of these alternative routes is by completing biomedical during first year at university and transferring to medicine as long as I have exceptionally well results.

After spending many many hours online and finding nothing I am wondering a few things; which universities offer the choice of switching courses? Which grades would I need after my first year of biomedical to make this switch?

Got a link here, but it may very well be out of date! Double-check all the links and make sure they're all still accurate today. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending