University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by morgan_x
Did you get to look at any accommodation when you went down? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went on the 7th, and the college seemed nice, but I was disappointed by the accommodation. I looked at most of the halls as I wanted to compare the en-suite ones to the more basic ones, but wasn't a fan. The college however, was lovely!
Original post by Lily17
I went on the 7th, and the college seemed nice, but I was disappointed by the accommodation. I looked at most of the halls as I wanted to compare the en-suite ones to the more basic ones, but wasn't a fan. The college however, was lovely!

Was there much difference between the ensuite rooms and the basic ones then? As much as I'd love to go and look round before September and it would probably be the best idea, 5hrs30 is a very long time to travel to be travelling back again the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Was there much difference between the ensuite rooms and the basic ones then? As much as I'd love to go and look round before September and it would probably be the best idea, 5hrs30 is a very long time to travel to be travelling back again the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I much preferred the en-suite rooms! They felt more spacious and homely, as the other rooms were a lot darker. The en-suite was obviously still small, but everything looked clean and like everything you would need was there. The common areas were okay, but in one of the cheaper halls, it was completely separate from the kitchen, and was just a small room with a couple of chairs in. I hope this helps!
Original post by Lily17
I much preferred the en-suite rooms! They felt more spacious and homely, as the other rooms were a lot darker. The en-suite was obviously still small, but everything looked clean and like everything you would need was there. The common areas were okay, but in one of the cheaper halls, it was completely separate from the kitchen, and was just a small room with a couple of chairs in. I hope this helps!

Yeah that helps, thank you 😊x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Unsuccessful for harper...just waiting on Warwickshire now.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's such a shame, I'm withdrawing my application from there if i'm successful for warks as I really didn't want to go there anyway. (plus its a higher grade requirement)
Reply 67
That's true. We got further than we expected as I didn't quite make the grades so it was more curiosity for harper...so once I hear back from Warwickshire then I can make decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you get to look at any accommodation when you went down? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i really liked the rooms, i'm hoping to have tabor 2 the double bedd with ensuite
Original post by booitsme21
Did you go on the 7th? :smile: x

Yes i went on the 7th :smile:
Thats the one I've applied for too! It looked the nicest out of all of them :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by katieclarke31
Yes i really liked the rooms, i'm hoping to have tabor 2 the double bedd with ensuite

That was definitely the nicest out of all of the halls! Actually quite liked that one, but I have a feeling it'll be really popular! :s Good Luck!
Reply 72
Hi guys, I'm currently at writtle college doing the veterinary physiotherapy course (first year) so if any of you had any questions I could try and help, I know how nervous starting at a new college/uni without your friends can be :smile:
Original post by 2g634yhn
Hi guys, I'm currently at writtle college doing the veterinary physiotherapy course (first year) so if any of you had any questions I could try and help, I know how nervous starting at a new college/uni without your friends can be :smile:

Ive been accepted into writtle but declined from morton after they gave me a horrific interview with little organisation.I'm coming on the 8th feb to writtle as it is now my firm. Whats it like there, whats accom like? I'm coming from 123 miles away so will be very nervous as im leaving home, horses,bf etc. Thats why i wanted to go to morton...

Thanks
Reply 74
Is it an unconditional for writtle

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an interview date for moreton for veterinary physio, can i ask how the interview went? what sort of questions were asked and how the whole process went? and what it involved. Thank you
Original post by shannon.mcc
Ive been accepted into writtle but declined from morton after they gave me a horrific interview with little organisation.I'm coming on the 8th feb to writtle as it is now my firm. Whats it like there, whats accom like? I'm coming from 123 miles away so will be very nervous as im leaving home, horses,bf etc. Thats why i wanted to go to morton...

Thanks

I received an interview date for moreton for veterinary physio, can i ask how the interview went? what sort of questions were asked and how the whole process went? and what it involved. Thank you
Original post by 2g634yhn

Hows the course been for you? and whats student life like? and hows it like living in accom?
Reply 78
Original post by shannon.mcc

Thanks

Hello,

I live at home still and drive in as I'm not to far away, however all of my friends live in the halls and I spent a lot of time in them with them. The house block Gill does not have ensuite but it is quite nice and it is a big block and everyone knows each other and its like living with a big family. Also there are the Harvey buildings, these are the flat block building you will see when you arrive, they are really nice as well, again they have no ensuiites but the rooms are a lot more spacious and you are little on a few steps from the toilet. I have a friend who came all the way from Singapore, and she lives in Gill and loves it due to the family feeling. As far as the other halls are concerned though I haven't really seen them properly, although I know dent is similar to Gill and that the tabour block is very nice and I believe has ensuiite. Hope this helps!

Oh and also you can bring your horse with you if you wanted, and have on campus, so if that is something you would be interested in be sure to ask when you come down :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by katieclarke31
Hows the course been for you? and whats student life like? and hows it like living in accom?

The course is honestly so good! The modules in the first year are not to complex and its a nice introductory to the course, you get to do a lot of laboratory practical work as well as praticals with a wide variety of animals and although the main focus is on horses and dogs you do get to learn and work with other various animals. Student life if great, the bar on campus holds a themed night which is usually every Monday that a lot of people enjoy and Wednesday night is student night in chelmsford town so a lot of people often head into town on them days. I've posted some information about accomdation above so I hope that helps.

I quite happy to try and answer and questions but just note that my answers are of my personal opinion and are not fact :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending