The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Veterinary physiotherapy help :)

Help with veterinary physiotherapy , is anyone applying for 2015? what unis? and what experience you've gathered?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am!! Have only just found out about the course as i thought you had to do human physio first! Im having to redo all my work exp as they ask for 2 weeks to be within 18 months of the interview so have been on a mad rush to get some. im doing a week at a kennels now and a week at a stables over Christmas hols and im trying to book some vet physio work exp for over the next year. trying to write my personal statement on my lunch break but its sooo hard!!!!!! where are you applying to?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Im applying to writtle and harper adams
I'm applying to Writtle, Harper and Warwickshire (moreton morrell) Is that work experience criteria for Harper
I'm applying to Harper and Moreton and have back up's like Equine and human sports science and Equine therapy and rehab. If all else fails vet nursing. They all require some experience, I think I need a couple of weeks with dogs now after several months with horses. What did everyone achieve at as then? I got BCC
I went to Sixthform for two years and also completing my animal management level 3 course coming out with D*D*D i hope
Original post by katieclarke31
I went to Sixthform for two years and also completing my animal management level 3 course coming out with D*D*D i hope

I wanted to do horse management at moreton as i'm local, but turns out commuting an hour each day x 2 would of been too much on top of course work.. ive just altered my UCAS to include Writtle as I wasn't made aware that they do a intergrated masters degree in vetphys! Went to Morton the other day and the teachers are SO excited about their course! They have wonderful facilities. However it costs £60 per week to DIY livery a horse unlike Writtle at £50. The accom is small but very practical! Jubilee halls are very green if i may say so myself! Overall I think Moreton may be my firm
Have you looked at writtle yet? what do you mean by very green? Yes i'm applying for the masters degree. If your looking for proper student life though morton are strict they dont like you to be loud dont allow alcohol ect not that i drink my self.
I would much prefer the strict rules at moreton as i'm a sleep rather than drink person! Plus it's close by so mummy can do my washing to save some of my grant. Then I can, if i want, commute in my 2nd and 3rd year :smile:
Original post by shannon.mcc
I would much prefer the strict rules at moreton as i'm a sleep rather than drink person! Plus it's close by so mummy can do my washing to save some of my grant. Then I can, if i want, commute in my 2nd and 3rd year :smile:

Have you been to writtle yet? and what did you mean by green at moreton?
Have you been to writtle yet? and what did you mean by green at moreton?

Haha, I mean that all of the walls are painted in an awful mint green colour! i haven't been to Writtle yet due to not being able to afford the transport to get their and my college won't fund it!
Hi, just had interview dates through for Writtle.. Anyone know how to prepare? :smile:
Good luck :smile: i'm sendin my UCaS off tonight so should hopefully get some offfers.
Good luck :smile: i'm sendin my UCaS off tonight so should hopefully get some offfers.

Ooh good luck!
I got an unconditional offer from Writtle on Tuesday, they're not doing any interviews! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by booitsme21
Ooh good luck!
I got an unconditional offer from Writtle on Tuesday, they're not doing any interviews! :smile:

Hi,

I've also applied to Writtle, I have been accepted too. By unconditional do you mean that they've said on the boundaries of you getting 280 points? And just don't do interviews? I'm so excited, I was planning on doing Veterinary Medicine, but their integrated masters course sounds so brilliant I had to apply!
Reply 15
Also, is Moreton really that strict? Because I've still got 2 options to fill up on UCAS, and I was thinking there, but I do want to experience the student night life etc. (Know this isn't as important as the course, but as I haven't been able to go on any open days, I'd just like to know) Thanks.
Original post by Lily17
Also, is Moreton really that strict? Because I've still got 2 options to fill up on UCAS, and I was thinking there, but I do want to experience the student night life etc. (Know this isn't as important as the course, but as I haven't been able to go on any open days, I'd just like to know) Thanks.

Not overly but they expect quite, a lot of study etc. but you can still have a social life! I've got a conditional from writtle at 280 :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by shannon.mcc
Not overly but they expect quite, a lot of study etc. but you can still have a social life! I've got a conditional from writtle at 280 :smile:

Well done! I got the same, I'm so excited so fingers crossed! And that's fair, suppose I want the best of both worlds? haha seems like a nice place though, but Writtle is definitely my top choice! What subjects are you taking for A2?
Original post by Lily17
Hi,

I've also applied to Writtle, I have been accepted too. By unconditional do you mean that they've said on the boundaries of you getting 280 points? And just don't do interviews? I'm so excited, I was planning on doing Veterinary Medicine, but their integrated masters course sounds so brilliant I had to apply!

No completely unconditional... I'm on a gap year, I finished my A levels with 300 points last year :smile: yeah I rang them up after they sent me a couple emails and they said something along the lines of its too expensive for people who are coming from quite far away to go for just a 10 minute interview, but they will be interviewing next year :smile:
I went for vet med last year, this looks much better! Writtle ftw! :biggrin:
I'm taking Biology, Psychology and Geography at A2 with grades BCC at AS, although i had family issues during the exam period which was enlightened in my reference to the universities. Harper have asked for further references due on the 24th Feb, i havent been to either Writtle or Harper due to financial issues not allowing travel but i'm going with it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending