The Student Room Group

Please can someone mark my gcse english language aqa question

Hi, I'm retaking my gcse english language paper (AQA), can someone please mark my question 1, its very much appreciated. Its the JAN 2013 AQA GCSE English language, question 1 . There is a link below to the source (its source 1 for q1) and the question paper. I've attatched my answer to the question, as a pdf document. Edit: I'm not able to attach my answer so I'll email/pm it to you.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-INS-JAN13.PDF

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-QP-JAN13.PDF

Thanks
Is it for the non fiction paper? I'm only in year 11 myself but we've practised lots of these papers so I'd happily look at it if you pm :smile:
I'll happily take a look for you mate.
Reply 3
On q2 in the gcse aqa english language paper to get high marks, do you need to give alternative interpretations about the colors/presentation devices/headline/what words could mean? And on q4 its just language that is analysed right, not structure?
Moved to the English forum for you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Datta10
On q2 in the gcse aqa english language paper to get high marks, do you need to give alternative interpretations about the colors/presentation devices/headline/what words could mean? And on q4 its just language that is analysed right, not structure?

Q2 - Yeah, exactly that. The effects of linguistic and presentational devices, and then their links with the text.

(Q3 - Thoughts and feelings. Language can be analysed if it makes your argument stronger - which is basically always the case. For example, in one of the sources from a previous exam, it was written that a character 'spurred on' which highlights the feeling of desperation. A spur relates to an instrument used to urge a horse forward - expressing the notion of desperation further.)

Q4 - Linguistic devices used in each source and their effect - why they're used, their purpose, and whether or not they're used for the same reason in both texts. You could also write about how different devices are used, but for the same effect and purpose in each text. Structure is not really a necessary part of this answer :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
How many points on the headline and the picture do we need to make for q2?
Reply 7
Original post by Datta10
How many points on the headline and the picture do we need to make for q2?

I usually aim for 2 each.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending