The Student Room Group

What is your 'fifth' uni choice? (the one you don't really want to go to that much)

Just wondering what everyone's put for their 'fifth' uni/ the uni with the lowest entry requirements on their UCAS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightningdoritos
Just wondering what everyone's put for their 'fifth' uni/ the uni with the lowest entry requirements on their UCAS?

My 5th choice is Sheffield, although I don't think it had the lowest entry requirements.
Original post by EleanorFrost
My 5th choice is Sheffield, although I don't think it had the lowest entry requirements.

I was going to pick Sheffield, but I saw that entry requirements for Liverpool were even lower so that's now my lowest :smile: What are you studying?
Newcastle, u was going to take a gap year if that was my only offer, but Southampton offered me and that's my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
City university London for Law quite decent backup not as good as most people's backups tbh.
Original post by lightningdoritos
I was going to pick Sheffield, but I saw that entry requirements for Liverpool were even lower so that's now my lowest :smile: What are you studying?

History! I've got an unconditional from Manchester now, which is my 3rd choice, so I'm quite happy. Haven't heard anything from Sheffield however. What are you applying for? :smile:
Original post by Devran22
Newcastle, u was going to take a gap year if that was my only offer, but Southampton offered me and that's my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome, well done! My friend went and visited Southampton last week and fell in love with it.
Southampton for Pharmacology I suppose but gradewise all my unis are very similar
Probably Bath for Environmental Geoscience.
Reading for law, although I'd love to got there even though its my backup
Original post by harry barnes
Reading for law, although I'd love to got there even though its my backup

Wow, im considering Reading or Lancaster currently but Reading would potentially be my third choice. If you dont mind me asking, what other choices do you plan to apply for.
University of Birmingham for ChemEng
Leeds. Know very little about it. Put it down as it was next in line in terms of league table performance.
Sheffield for me too (applied for History there )
Original post by TheMagican
Wow, im considering Reading or Lancaster currently but Reading would potentially be my third choice. If you dont mind me asking, what other choices do you plan to apply for.

I've already applied, I went for
1. Cambridge (Fitzwilliam)
2. Nottingham
3. York (interview)
4. Southampton (conditional offer)
5. Reading (conditional offer)

I don't know much about Lancaster's Law course so I can't comment on it but Reading had a great one. where are you applying to
Original post by harry barnes
I've already applied, I went for
1. Cambridge (Fitzwilliam)
2. Nottingham
3. York (interview)
4. Southampton (conditional offer)
5. Reading (conditional offer)

I don't know much about Lancaster's Law course so I can't comment on it but Reading had a great one. where are you applying to

As it stands
1- UEA
2- Lancaster (probably wont go for Reading)
3- Sussex
4- Liverpool
5- City
Your choices are amazing absolutely insane, well done you must have smashed it in AS.
It's either durham or exeter for natural sciences. It depend on which one gives me the better offer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bath for physics
Original post by TheMagican
As it stands
1- UEA
2- Lancaster (probably wont go for Reading)
3- Sussex
4- Liverpool
5- City
Your choices are amazing absolutely insane, well done you must have smashed it in AS.

to be honest I didn't do great in AS, but the federation think I can get A*A*AA and so they got me to apply, just because I have a shot at getting in
Original post by EleanorFrost
History! I've got an unconditional from Manchester now, which is my 3rd choice, so I'm quite happy. Haven't heard anything from Sheffield however. What are you applying for? :smile:

That's great! I'm appying for Maths, so the entry requirements don't really get very low, took me ages to find Liverpool (which is apparently kinda bad!)

Quick Reply

Latest