The Student Room Group

BTEC and University Question

Hey,

I was just wondering when i look at university's and their requirements for BTEC some state this, what i pasted below in bold. If im doing 2 BTECS as both my options, which are LEVEL 3 IT AND SCIENCE/ 6 units in year 12 and 13 for both BTECS, which requirement am i meant to look at its just a bit confusing. Its a level 3 Subsidary Diploma in year 12, then if im correct a diploma in year 13. (P.S I Do 6 UNITS OF SCIENCE IN YEAR 12 AND 7 UNITS IN YEAR 13). Thanks i await any replies:smile:

BTEC
National Diploma
(18 Units) (not including early years)

BTEC National Certificate (12 Units) (not including early years)

BTEC National Award (6 Units) (not including early years)

BTEC/Scottish Higher National Diploma (HND)

BTEC/Scottish Higher National Certificate (HNC)

Reply 1
The BTEC National Award has been renamed the Subsidiary Diploma, and the National Certificate has been renamed the Diploma. For all intents and purposes they are the same thing.
Reply 2
Original post by samsama
The BTEC National Award has been renamed the Subsidiary Diploma, and the National Certificate has been renamed the Diploma. For all intents and purposes they are the same thing.

Thanks for the reply. So thats cleared up. Because I am doing a subsidiary diploma in year 12 and im doing 2 BTECS does that mean will only get 2 grades at the end of this year so for example:
YEAR 12 IT = D* (EXAMPLE)
YEAR 12 APPLIED SCIENCE = D* (EXAMPLE)

And also when im in year 13 my subsidiary goes to national award yeah like you said in my previous post i think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending