The Student Room Group

How to organise and manage your time?

Can anyone give tips and advice on how to effectively manage your time when you have a lot of activities going on?

E.g. for me, I chose 4 A levels (including art) and our school made us take general studies and an enrichment activity (in my case, I did Level 3 Extended Project Qualification, EPQ) on top. As well as this, I'm organising events and extra-curricular in school and are trying to pass my music practical exam so I can write a good personal statement next year. Because of this, I'm fairly disorganised and need some advice.

Any ideas?
I'm not very good at giving advice but I just want to let you know that you're not alone! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by livinandlol
Can anyone give tips and advice on how to effectively manage your time when you have a lot of activities going on?

E.g. for me, I chose 4 A levels (including art) and our school made us take general studies and an enrichment activity (in my case, I did Level 3 Extended Project Qualification, EPQ) on top. As well as this, I'm organising events and extra-curricular in school and are trying to pass my music practical exam so I can write a good personal statement next year. Because of this, I'm fairly disorganised and need some advice.

Any ideas?

If you've got a lot going on you might need to accept having a sort of organised chaos over perfect organisation! Everybody does it differently but my way of organising myself is to have one go-to to do list that has everything on - whether work, tidying, or even just 'get back to X' if someone's sent me a message and I don't want to forget to reply! I look at it several times a day, if stuff's important I move it to the top and put it in bold/in a bright colour/whatever's going to catch my attention as it gets progressively more important that I do it; less important stuff I have at the bottom. You just have to find the way that works for you I guess but making a to do list, whether on your phone/PC/paper etc. will at least prevent you forgetting to do things altogether!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending