The Student Room Group

Explain TOK please?

Hi, recently applied for the international baccalaureate after having researched everything such as the CAS and EE, but I still don't understand what the TOK is?

Please help and explain it to me? Thanks!:smile:
i only started ib this year so someone else could probably answer better than me

but to me it seems like a mix between psychology and philosophy and stuff. We discuss questions like Is seeing believing? and What is reality? The teacher showed us interesting documentaries and we talk about facts like - what we see is only based 10% on our eyes - our expectation changes what we actually 'see' or 'hear.' We also talk about optical illusions. Then we talk about some theories about sensory perception which I cannot remember the names of :P That's the first topic.
Next we'll talk about Logic. and then presumably something similar, and then I guess we're going to tie it into our subjects, like how the stuff we discussed tie to History and e.g. how stereotypes/expectations affects the study of biology or something like that.

i'm sure you should be able to find a guild online to help you understand it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LeviosaNight
i only started ib this year so someone else could probably answer better than me

but to me it seems like a mix between psychology and philosophy and stuff. We discuss questions like Is seeing believing? and What is reality? The teacher showed us interesting documentaries and we talk about facts like - what we see is only based 10% on our eyes - our expectation changes what we actually 'see' or 'hear.' We also talk about optical illusions. Then we talk about some theories about sensory perception which I cannot remember the names of :P That's the first topic.
Next we'll talk about Logic. and then presumably something similar, and then I guess we're going to tie it into our subjects, like how the stuff we discussed tie to History and e.g. how stereotypes/expectations affects the study of biology or something like that.

i'm sure you should be able to find a guild online to help you understand it :smile:

Thankyou! helped a lot <3

Quick Reply

Latest