The Student Room Group

15, In year 11, aspiring doctor, AMA

What is says up there ^^^ :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HeavisideDelts
Lol you're wasting your life mate

Haha yeah I get you, I know it's a lot of studying but it's what I have always wanted to do so I'm prepared to spend the many many years working :smile::smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HeavisideDelts
Yeah but it wont get you anywhere

I would say that getting to help people every day is "getting somewhere" :biggrin:
He's a troll ignore him.

I saw you said you'd work your GCSEs after seeing other people regretting not, good plan :tongue:

What are you studying now? And what A Levels do you plan to take?
Reply 4
Original post by L'Evil Fish
He's a troll ignore him.

I saw you said you'd work your GCSEs after seeing other people regretting not, good plan :tongue:

What are you studying now? And what A Levels do you plan to take?

Haha yeah I don't want that to be me later on :0 I am studying all the conpulsary subjects (sciences, maths, english, rs, ICT) and for my options I chose geography, latin, french and photography :smile: they are all going fine, french is a bit of a nightmare though :frown: I am thinking of studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry but still undecided on the last one, maybe english lit or psychology or physics im not sure.

And I am new to this so trust me to reply again and again ������
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Izzyyyyy
Haha yeah I don't want that to be me later on :0 I am studying all the conpulsary subjects (sciences, maths, english, rs, ICT) and for my options I chose geography, latin, french and photography :smile: they are all going fine, french is a bit of a nightmare though :frown: I am thinking of studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry but still undecided on the last one, maybe english lit or psychology or physics im not sure.

And I am new to this so trust me to reply again and again ������

I did all those GCSEs bar ICT and Latin. Photography was a nightmare... The examiner and I had a difference of opinion I suppose :frown:

French is so boring at GCSE. Even AS we meh, but it's great to have. I love languages. Is there anything in particular you find hard?

I'd recommend physics because it's fun, but you probably don't want the full science set in case you get bored :tongue:
At what age did you know that you wanted to be a doctor? :smile:
what's your favourite album of 2014?

what made you choose medicine, and do you have any backup options in case you don't get in?

have you met any famous people before?

if you could be any superpower, what would it be?

what would you change if you ruled the world for a day?

and now the million dollar question - marvel or dc? :holmes:
Reply 8
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I did all those GCSEs bar ICT and Latin. Photography was a nightmare... The examiner and I had a difference of opinion I suppose :frown:

French is so boring at GCSE. Even AS we meh, but it's great to have. I love languages. Is there anything in particular you find hard?

I'd recommend physics because it's fun, but you probably don't want the full science set in case you get bored :tongue:

Yeah that's why I'm kind of trying to refrain from that I guess :smile: could always do geography, but then heard it's mainly physical and ew :biggrin: omg photography I used to be so so so bad but I kind of had a realisation when I got my report and was like I NEED TO WORK haha :smile: it's not really anything in particular in french, I get A*'s in the reading and listening papers but it's just coursework that I am struggling with. I can't write my own things! I wish the exams were worth a higher percentage haha :smile:
Yeah that's why I'm kind of trying to refrain from that I guess :smile: could always do geography, but then heard it's mainly physical and ew :biggrin: omg photography I used to be so so so bad but I kind of had a realisation when I got my report and was like I NEED TO WORK haha :smile: it's not really anything in particular in french, I get A*'s in the reading and listening papers but it's just coursework that I am struggling with. I can't write my own things! I wish the exams were worth a higher percentage haha :smile:

Lol geography was the most dull thing ever, I ended up dropping it and swapping to biology which I hate which says a lot.

Ah that's fair enough. Noooo, writing and speaking are most important haha, I didn't do too well in my exams, but coursework meant I scraped my A*

Although I was really bad at GCSE French, AS was good though
Reply 10
Original post by itsRochana
At what age did you know that you wanted to be a doctor? :smile:

Not until around year 7 or 8, when I was really young I wanted to be a Forensic scientist haha :biggrin: I don't know how it happened really, I just got really interested in it and started researching and watching documentaries and stuff and volunteering and I just know it's what I want to do :smile:
Reply 11
Oh I actually find it okay :smile: I do WJEC, and I don't find it too difficult, but OCR is probably different ^_^
What are your interests?
What's your opinion on quantum mechanics and astrophysics?
Opinion on poetry?
Reply 13
Original post by Ggmu!
What will you do when you realise you either aren't smart enough for medicine or won't get into the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if I don't get the grades I need (Coming from the school I go to, we got told that to make a competitive application we have to ignore criteria and realistically you won't get into medicine with less than 6 A*s at GCSE and 3 A's at ALEVEL) I will probably either go into research science or something :smile: but it will happen, as I am predicted 9/10 A*s at GCSE and hopefully I can do well at Alevel too, though I heard it's really difficult
Nothing wrong with wjec.
Not until around year 7 or 8, when I was really young I wanted to be a Forensic scientist haha :biggrin: I don't know how it happened really, I just got really interested in it and started researching and watching documentaries and stuff and volunteering and I just know it's what I want to do :smile:

Haha i wanted to be a forensic scientist too! Now I'm focused on Law.

Wish you all the best :smile:
Shut up please
lol just no

even if it is harder, it would be viewed the same as any other gcse

and idk what you're on about with the well known stuff but it doesn't matter at all how 'prestigious' a board is... :s-smilie:
Hey im doing Latin on WJEC also. Are you doing Literature?
Hang, draw and quarter you.

Quick Reply

Latest