The Student Room Group

Anyone out here studying BTEC Level 3 IT ?

I am hoping to apply for University this year with Computer Science, but the most people applying to Uni with Computer are all A Level students... :/
Anyone studying BTEC IT and applying to University?
Original post by a9493r
I am hoping to apply for University this year with Computer Science, but the most people applying to Uni with Computer are all A Level students... :/
Anyone studying BTEC IT and applying to University?

I did IT, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I applied to and am currently at Uni :smile: (although I'm doing Applied Computing, not Computer Science).
Reply 2
Original post by ChrisLay1
I did IT, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I applied to and am currently at Uni :smile: (although I'm doing Applied Computing, not Computer Science).

Oh wow, what Uni are you in...and does it help that you did your BTEC or do you wish you had done A Levels instead ?
Original post by a9493r
Oh wow, what Uni are you in...and does it help that you did your BTEC or do you wish you had done A Levels instead ?

Well my BTEC was equivalent to 3 A-Levels...I'm actually at the College I was at on my BTEC (It's a College but the degree course is University level).
Reply 4
Well my BTEC was equivalent to 3 A-Levels...I'm actually at the College I was at on my BTEC (It's a College but the degree course is University level).

ohkay, but I meant is the coursework that you had done for the Distinction grades in BTEC helping you with Applied Computing units now ?
And had you applied through UCAS, or did you talk to the IT department in your college ?
Sorry if am asking too many questions, its just that I am unsure about what to do :K:
Original post by a9493r
ohkay, but I meant is the coursework that you had done for the Distinction grades in BTEC helping you with Applied Computing units now ?
And had you applied through UCAS, or did you talk to the IT department in your college ?
Sorry if am asking too many questions, its just that I am unsure about what to do :K:

I think it's slightly helping me yeah. I've had some similar stuff at Uni to what was on the BTEC and I applied through UCAS yep.

Don't worry about it :smile: I just hope I'm of some help haha.
Reply 6
I think it's slightly helping me yeah. I've had some similar stuff at Uni to what was on the BTEC and I applied through UCAS yep.

Don't worry about it :smile: I just hope I'm of some help haha.

Yea, you were, thanks :biggrin:...atleast now I know I am not the only person doing BTEC and thinking of going to Uni cuz most of my friends don't want to go to Uni, they want to go off into jobs.
And is it just me but are the student advisers in college kinda useless as well.... :tongue:
Thanks so much anyway..!!
Original post by a9493r
Yea, you were, thanks :biggrin:...atleast now I know I am not the only person doing BTEC and thinking of going to Uni cuz most of my friends don't want to go to Uni, they want to go off into jobs.
And is it just me but are the student advisers in college kinda useless as well.... :tongue:
Thanks so much anyway..!!

No problem at all :smile:

Quick Reply