The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants 2015

Post anything 2015 entry related here!

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Applied for Fashion Design and Marketing. Do you have any tips or portfolio advice? I am currently completing the mini portfolio task on the website and a mini process book. Also wondering if you know when the interviews will be so I have an idea of when to complete my portfolio by? :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi CoffeeandCats,

You can find some great tips for your portfolio on our website (link below), they won't be able to provide you with set guidelines to follow, but can certainly give you some of the key ingredients that they are keeping an eye out to see.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/scd/study/howtoapply/portfolioguide/?view=Standard

As for interview dates, there is currently an early date confirmed for Wednesday 19th November for those students who have already applied. Don't panic however, as our main block of interviews are between February / March time but the dates haven't yet been confirmed as of yet.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rachel
Reply 3
Got my offer today
Reply 4
Hello

Can anyone confirm the term dates for 2015/16 and the dates that you can gain entry into student accomodation please - unable to find this information anywhere at present - thanks
If you get an offer from Northumbria, are you invited to go to an Applicant Day? and if so, what do you do? And can you bring like someone because I don't want to travel alone to Newcastle since I live relatively far.

Also, I want to know if it is compulsory you attend?
When do northumbria begin interviews for nursing students? It's just I sent my application a few weeks ago and already have an interview offer from somewhere else- I'm anxious to know when northumbria begin interviews (:
Original post by eliz61
Hello

Can anyone confirm the term dates for 2015/16 and the dates that you can gain entry into student accomodation please - unable to find this information anywhere at present - thanks

Hi eliz61,

Thanks for your questions!

Please find below our term dates for 2015/16 entry:

Semester One Starts Monday 14 September 2015
Semester One Ends Friday 15 January 2016
Semester Two Starts Monday 18 January 2016
Semester Two Ends Friday 20 May 2016

With regards to accommodation, can I just check what you mean by 'gain entry into student accommodation'? Hall of residence tend to open the weekend before Welcome / Freshers week, in order for you to move everything in before starting your course, however you can receive this information once you have been successful.

If you'd like any further information, please don't hesitate to message us again.

Thanks,
Rachel
Original post by carmenwong
If you get an offer from Northumbria, are you invited to go to an Applicant Day? and if so, what do you do? And can you bring like someone because I don't want to travel alone to Newcastle since I live relatively far.

Also, I want to know if it is compulsory you attend?

Hi carmenwong,

Everyone who receives an offer from Northumbria is invited to an Applicant Visit Day, yes. This is your opportunity to get more detailed information about your course, attend a subject taster session and have a tour of your subject specific areas, as well as much more on the day.

You can bring guests along with you on the day and hopefully have a great personalised experience that is more relevant to yourself. Of course it's not compulsory to attend, however we would always recommend to visit universities more than once to help you make a more informed decision on your application.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Rachel
Original post by kayleighjaycee
When do northumbria begin interviews for nursing students? It's just I sent my application a few weeks ago and already have an interview offer from somewhere else- I'm anxious to know when northumbria begin interviews (:

Hi kayleighjaycee,

Good luck with your application, don't worry about not receiving confirmation just yet, our admissions team are still working through applications.

Our interview times for Nursing run from the end of December to March, so there is still plenty of time to hear back.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Rachel
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi kayleighjaycee,

Good luck with your application, don't worry about not receiving confirmation just yet, our admissions team are still working through applications.

Our interview times for Nursing run from the end of December to March, so there is still plenty of time to hear back.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Rachel

Hello when are we likely to start hearing about interviews/unsuccessful's for midwifery? Many thanks
Good afternoon,

Please could you advise when interviews take place for prospective Social Work students?
Hi PrittyVacant,

Interviews can take place any time up until April of the same year of entry i.e. Interviews for Social Work starting in 2015 can be held any time up until April 2015.

If you want any more information just drop us a line.

Thanks!

Sarah
Hi,
When does the decision making process begin for biomedical sciences applicants?

Kind Regards,
Sammy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do northumbria? do interviews for every course
Just got offer to do business management, anyone else doing it? :biggrin:
Original post by domingos14
Do northumbria? do interviews for every course

Hi domingos14,

Here at Northumbria we don't interview for all courses. We interview for all education and health courses e.g. nursing, Arts & Design e.g. fashion design, fine art, performance, and Architecture.

If you want to know any more information please feel free to DM us!

Thanks,

Sarah
Hey,

I'm applying for the Product Design Engineering course BEng (WJ2X) but i cant seem to be able to find the modules that will be taught at your uni :confused:
I was directed from the UCAS website but they said the page couldn't be found and i had to find it manually on the Northumbria Uni website and i still wasn't able to see a detailed course outline and what will be taught etc?

Please could you look into this would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!!
Original post by Northumbria University
Post anything 2015 entry related here!

Good luck everyone!

I applied for the Fashion Communication course 2 months and still haven't heard anything back yet. Have the interview dates been set out yet or when do they start from? Also does this mean I can't apply for accommodation until after my interview or after receiving my offer?
Original post by sophannaxo
I applied for the Fashion Communication course 2 months and still haven't heard anything back yet. Have the interview dates been set out yet or when do they start from? Also does this mean I can't apply for accommodation until after my interview or after receiving my offer?

Hi Sophannaxo,

Admissions are still processing a lot of applications at the moment, so just keep checking your emails. Interviews will be starting again in mid January until March. If your application is successful, you will be contacted for interview via email, in which you can select the most convenient date for yourself.

You can only apply for accomodation once you have recieved a conditional or unconditional offer from us, and you have selected us as your Firm or Insurance choice. We guarantee accomodation to every first year student so don't worry too much about that.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending