The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anonymous
How would the girl feel. would she be angry at the bf or ashamed that she had been dumped for that. how woud she approach future relationships. would she expect a similar reaction off other men???

Of course she wouldn't be ashamed. She'd be ashamed of ever having deemed an arsehole like 'the bf' worthy of talking to, but nothing else.

I find this thread shocking.
Well if a girl i was going out with had a past sexual relationship then it wouldn't bother me because at the end of the day she would have chosen me because she wanted me.

However if i was a virgin going out with a girl who had previous sexual experience i'd be imtimidated but nothing more.

Should i have met a girl who had slept with half the town then i think i would be put off.
Reply 42
I can't work out whether its the boyfriend trying to find out whether he was acceptable or the girlfriend. I really hope its not the former, cause if it is, you're a knob.
Reply 43
How did the bf find out about her past? Was it rumours?
Reply 44
The gf told the bf in general conversation, not thinking it was going to be an issue. She said "my friend has slept with so many people", and he responded by asking her how many she'd slept with. She told him and the relationship just fell apart from there. Then he found out more details about her life at uni from people who knew her and with whom he was friends. They bumped into one another a few months after splitting up, and he told her she was a slapper. She was angry and shouted at him.
Reply 45
Anonymous
The gf told the bf in general conversation, not thinking it was going to be an issue. She said "my friend has slept with so many people", and he responded by asking her how many she'd slept with. She told him and the relationship just fell apart from there. Then he found out more details about her life at uni from people who knew her and with whom he was friends. They bumped into one another a few months after splitting up, and he told her she was a slapper. She was angry and shouted at him.

How do you know this gf and bf? Are you one of them?

She is better off without him, if he is being so childish over it as to break up the relationship. She will find someone who loves her for who she is and not someone who cares about what she has done in the past.
Reply 46
1. Why in the world would you be dumped for your past - that would mean you're in a relationship already, and obviously if someone't past means that much to you, you would have obviously ascertained it before going into a relationship with said person. Dumping someone after you've agreed to be with them because of something you knew anyway (or should have known) is rude and ridiculous.

2. It is incredibly disheartening how everyone is always saying pasts shouldn't be discussed, and so on. What kind of relationships do you people have? Surely you should have enough trust to be able to share everything, and want to know everything. Otherwise how can anyone truly understand or feel close to their partner.
Whoever this "guy" is, he's an unbelievable knob sack.

Don't most guys encourage each other to sleep with as many girls as possible? And so what if she wanted to see what was out there at uni? Don't most (single) people?

If it is you, and you did this to your girlfriend, you are a hypocritical gob sh*te.
Reply 48
Adhsur
Surely you should have enough trust to be able to share everything, and want to know everything. Otherwise how can anyone truly understand or feel close to their partner.

I agree with you entirely here, as this is exactly the way I am with my fiance - we feel comfortable in the relationship to be able to discuss the past without it being an issue.
Reply 49
little_red_sox
Whoever this "guy" is, he's an unbelievable knob sack.

Don't most guys encourage each other to sleep with as many girls as possible? And so what if she wanted to see what was out there at uni? Don't most (single) people?

If it is you, and you did this to your girlfriend, you are a hypocritical gob sh*te.

:congrats:
Reply 50
my boyfriend is exactly like this. almost finishing us because he cant get over the fact i have been with other men. its rediculous. its fecking rediculous. see hes known about my past before we got together because we were good friends before - but only since we'v been together its aggrevating him. i am ashamed of my past yes, but when he brings it up ALL THE TIME that just down right pisses me off. its got nothing to do with him - all the intrequate details he asks me for. General past details are fine but NO WAY is it ok to ask really horrible questions about it to ease the pain. its *******s cos itl just make him worse. its like going round in circles when they find out. i think its safer not to tell them IMO

sorry lol this subject touches a nerve.
Reply 51
You should never be ashamed of anything you've done, whats in the past can't exactly be changed. That said, if you've slept with every male you know, you should maybe feel a slight tinge of shame and a burning when you pee.
Reply 52
zoe_b
my boyfriend is exactly like this. almost finishing us because he cant get over the fact i have been with other men. its rediculous. its fecking rediculous. see hes known about my past before we got together because we were good friends before - but only since we'v been together its aggrevating him. i am ashamed of my past yes, but when he brings it up ALL THE TIME that just down right pisses me off. its got nothing to do with him - all the intrequate details he asks me for. General past details are fine but NO WAY is it ok to ask really horrible questions about it to ease the pain. its *******s cos itl just make him worse. its like going round in circles when they find out. i think its safer not to tell them IMO

sorry lol this subject touches a nerve.

But you have got to realise that not all men are like this.
My ex was like this and it probably would have been best not to ever talk about my past - but why the hell should my life before I met him become non existant just because he couldn't handle the fact that I had had sex with someone other than him.
My current partner is not like this at all - we have shared all sorts of stories with each other - past, present and future and we don't think any less of each other for it - in fact knowing each other inside out just makes us closer.
Reply 53
toipot2
dunno

rofl !

Latest

Trending

Trending